Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starts then dies, got me stumped.. please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:12 AM
mrmunky
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starts then dies, got me stumped.. please help

So here I am feeling like a newbie..
I am 90% finito with the silver-blue project 944 and it is lookin sweet.. thing is, i want it to run. I turn it over and it has compression but it doesn't even try to start, it dies off as the starter lets go. It ran fine via push-starting before overhauling and cleaning the engine. I put a starter in it. I took off everything down to the intake manifold gaskets (which i replaced), put everything back as i found it except for one minor thing, which was the black box under the throttle body was misaligned, which i fixed once it was installed. I have 2 cars to play with, so i've been switching parts around to find the culprit. I've ruled out fuel rail and AFM, what the hell else could it be? I was thinking along the lines of things i could have messed with taking the intake mani on and off. Ideas?
Thanks everyone
Ian

edit.. I just sanded the starter electrical connections and made sure they were alll torqued properly.. i'm thinkling maybe i should try to push-start it again to see if it starts? running low on ideas here..

Last edited by mrmunky; 08-12-2006 at 05:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Starts then dies, got me stumped.. please help