Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dan P (aka 944Fest) deserves his own thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 AM
jim46944
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job Dan. I had a wonderful time. If you have trouble selling all the shirts I'll buy another one. It is only a matter of time before I stain my shirt.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, thank you very much again for all your efforts in orchestrating one hell of a show! And thanks again for the help in the gararge with tools, etc. Winlsow thank you too man! (would love to see your car sometime!) And Travis for hanging out with Dave and I while we burned the midnight oil under thatcar

It was a pleasure meeting all of you and sharing the track with some fellow junkies! And Marty if you are on here thanks again for the great instructions and mentoring!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 AM
dmjames
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan- thanks again! It was a great time, and good to finally get out and meet some of the rest of the drunken horde that is rennlist!

When there's another one, I'll be planning ot tracking- you guys seemed to be having too much fun to pass up on again...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Dan - you ARE the man!! What another great event. The site was awesome! I fell in love with that track. We need to do it there every year in the future. Maybe next year I can get one of the pros to teach me the proper line through the carousel.

The work that you put in to organize everything, such as the rally, had to be monumental. I don't know how you pull it off. All of us are richer for it.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 AM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Winslow calling Dan P last November, "Hey Dan, I met this guy named Scott at the PRI show and he runs NLRC. Why don't you throw 944fest there next year?"

Dan P replies, "what are you f@#king crazy? I would never let those idiots anywhere near a track on my watch. Besides I'll lose my *** and I can't afford it any more it's getting to big."

Winslow says in his best salesman voice, "delegate man, I think if it is at a track you can break even."

Dan (taking the bait hook line and sinker), " well OK, check how much the track will cost us. You better be right."

Thanks Dan, you are the best!

Thanks everyone for proving me right, you aren't idiots at the track.

Now, I would really appreciate it if everyone would buy t-shirts from Dan so I won't have to pay the difference, 'cause I don't have a job!!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:46 AM
lapex
Instructor

Dan,

Thanks man for having the fest!!!!!! It was a blast to meet everyone. I sent you money for the dyno and some extra. If you wind up in the hole over this, i think we should either kick in or do some sort of fundraiser. Maybe a calendar for proceeds? Winslow could be Mr. January, Scott H. could be Mr. February.....you get the idea.

Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts
Talking

Winslow, I'm fairly sure I didn't use the wording "idiots". I think I said "crazy SOB's". Thanks for the sane idea that didn't seem so sane at first. What time did you leave Sun AM? You must have smelled the pending manual labor! I didn't even get to say goodbye.

The budget really did get close at the end. I recieved a lot of donations (thanks Joe!) and I'm within a few benjamins of breaking even. Wouldn't it be amazing if this event actually turned a PROFIT some day?
Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I left at 6:50 AM. The only other people up were Travis, Team Harco and Beegs.
I promised Susan I would be home by 5:00PM, I got home at 4:30. Sorry I couldn't stay longer in the morning.Travis told me he would work twice as hard for me in my absence.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Dan: Again you out did yourself for the fest! I forgot to bring you something to the fest, I will give it to you the next wing night we all get together. Sorry I couldn't help more (coming up the night before) but I had a test to take for hopefully my future job.
Winslow: Thanks for coming up with the idea of the place/idea to do this. I planned on getting into track events this year and as Dan told me one time "Best time you will have with your pants on" is DEAD ON! I am hooked now for sure.
Cuz: Thanks for all your help again at the track as well. Always saw you picking any slack that needed it, thanks again!
Skip: I was really hoping you were going to be my instructor since I know you better then any of the other instructors. I learn a LOT that day from you and experience. If I ever get the chance again, I would love for you to be my instructor again.
Andy (not sure what your handle is): Just wanted to say thanks for helping out ALL the people who needed it this weekend, big help! Glad to see some got a picture of you towing a 944 Turbo home with a 944 n/a.

Thanks for making it a great time at the track. We couldn't have asked for better weather for the whole weekend. It has been in the mid 90's everyday for the last couple of weeks and track day was I think 80 with low humidiy. I know we mentioned about track MAYBE next year and I just hope that with how well this went that it will happen again. There was plent to do on Friday with the track guys racing, people watching, others getting photos all the way to other helping them fix their cars.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 PM
AgRosa Brad
Advanced

Great job, Dan with 944Fest 2006. I'm glad Winslow and others coerced you to continue. '06 was the best yet - and we've said that every year. Your effort provided fun for a bunch of people and will be remembered for years... to come.

-Brad Kennett
Old 08-07-2006, 10:00 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

You Da Man CUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Another great fest.
Thanks to all who helped whether big or small. It all mattered.

P.S. Anybody who spun raise your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Originally Posted by robinsonracing
P.S. Anybody who spun raise your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Dan:
Even tho I couldn't attend this year I have to add my accolades along with the others. You always rise to the occassion and putting this event together is a MONUMENTAL task. You not only meet expectations, but exceed them. I don't know if anyone here could pull this off even once - let alone, what, 5 times now? My hat is off to you with a hearty WELL DONE.

I believe this is the icon you are looking for:

PS - put me in for a t-shirt too
Old 08-07-2006, 10:29 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
The work that you put in to organize everything, such as the rally,

Such as the WHAT?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan Rulez!! Thanks for another great fest. You da man!!

Quick Reply: Dan P (aka 944Fest) deserves his own thread