Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my car (clutch pedal to floor)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I hate my car (clutch pedal to floor)

Slave cylinder crapped out on me yesterday. It's only 3 years old. I ordered a rebuild kit from paragon, hopefully the seal was bad and the bore isn't scored. Looks like I'll be taking the bus to work this week.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can you be certain it's the slave again?
Only one leaking fluid?
Did you change the master cylinder with the slave last time?

That's odd that it would fail in only 3 years. You don't hold the clutch in while waiting at lights, do you?
Old 07-23-2006, 02:49 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

I can hear/ see fluid spraying out from the slave when I put the clutch to the floor.

The master seems fine, and yes I changed it at the same time I changed the slave (I replaced the whole clutch assembly too).

I don't hold the clutch in at lights or ride it or anything. The clutch felt funny last week, but then felt ok again after a couple of days so I dismissed it. I went to run to the store last night and it just went to the floor after I backed out of my parking spot. I still had a little bit of clutch left, so I pulled it back into the spot. I tried it again just now, but there's nothing left in it so AAA is on the way to tow it back to my parents' house.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, if there is a fluid leak than it's pretty definite. It's just that I've seen lots of people blame the slave when it's really the master.

I would steer away from rebuilding it, and just replace it. However if you've already paid for and ordered the kit, then you might as well give it a shot.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:14 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All my sympathy hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:31 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zero10
Well, if there is a fluid leak than it's pretty definite. It's just that I've seen lots of people blame the slave when it's really the master.

I would steer away from rebuilding it, and just replace it. However if you've already paid for and ordered the kit, then you might as well give it a shot.
Yeah, I ordered the kit last night. $20 vs $80. I've rebuilt brake master cylinders before so it shouldn't be too bad. If I pull it apart tonight and the bore is scored though then I'll be sending my rebuild kit back and ordering a new slave ASAP. At least the bus to the train station (hooray public transportation) is about 100 ft. from my door here.

And the tow truck (to bring it to my parents where I can actually work on it) just came, but they couldn't tow it. God damn AAA.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

And now they just sent a regular tow truck to drag my car. Duh, it won't work, I told them that on the phone. Idiots. At least I'm sitting at my gf's condo instead of by the side of the road, waiting for these morons to get it straight.

Quick Reply: I hate my car (clutch pedal to floor)