Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it normal for my battery to be dead after one week?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
Try parking the car, open the drivers door and see if the windows still power up and down. (does you interior light work properly with both doors?) If the door jamb switch sticks, it thinks you are still sitting in the car and leaves the power window circut activated. That will kill the battery over a couple of days.
This is the truth. It was my gremlin 3-4yrs ago on a draining battery.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:06 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dan ( :humbled: )

I should add that I gave this some thought and I did come up with at least one second scenario which could (I think) do exactly the same thing: -a failing ignition switch assembly.

-If the ignition switch (or even just one particular pole of the switch) sticks in the "key still engaged" position, then opening the door would possibly look to the central electrical system like you just opened the door with the key still engaged in the ignition, which would leave the central electrical system activated.

I'm assuming that the electrical switch part is a seperate, replaceable module from the ignition lock barrel... -I'll look that one up as well.

Keith

Quick Reply: is it normal for my battery to be dead after one week?