Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A sad, sad tale of humiliation!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beeg, a couple of OT questions. Why does the Australian World Cup team wear green and yellow, when your national colors are red, white, and blue? Second, any trouble down there after Italy cheated they're way in? I hope the German's stomp all over Italy for you.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:35 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan
The official colours of Australia are Royal Blue and Gold. The Sports colours {for reasons unknown - maybe colour of Wattle } are Green and Gold.
Go figure! I like em anyway!
BEDN TIME. too much booze!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:17 AM
namespace
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by beeg
Oh Adam. So cruel.
And I dont do that anymore. I even sit up straight and hold the wheel correctly! So there! Nyah, nyah!
And I definately wasnt gunna turn in front of him with less space than needed. I was just surprised when he came screaming up alongside!
Sorry Brian! I was probably still seething after the wife told me she past me on her way home and she said the 944 looked like an RX7

Magic Wash try out has been postponed as I had a large office relocation/install down in Goulburn that ate my weekend up (it even tried to rain down there...but not enough...) but tell Charles, MW works wonders getting grubby kid prints of windows, the maid...uh...wife thinks it works better than window cleaner!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Forget about it!
Normally, on the autobahn I do about 100-120 MPH to work in the morning. Keeping that in mind familes will drive be me in their BMW station wagon ( German: Bee Mmmm Vee) like I am setting their reading a book or something.
My German landlord call's Bee Mmm Vees "Kraut Wagon's" and in German says the Initals stand for "Bavarian Made **** Wagon"! My landlord just kills me.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:53 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adam
A bloody huge sticker on the windscreen that says 'PORSCHE' stops the RX7 comments!
Good luck with the rain. I'll send you some dehydrated water!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

Originally Posted by beeg
Dan
The official colours of Australia are Royal Blue and Gold. The Sports colours {for reasons unknown - maybe colour of Wattle } are Green and Gold.
Go figure! I like em anyway!
BEDN TIME. too much booze!
beeg I assumed, maybe wrongly, that the national colors were those on your nation's flag. Like the US, Germany, etc... The reason the red, white, and green Italians wear blue (I had to ask an actual Italian) is because of a local soccer club that did exceptionally well wore blue, they fans took up cheering all soccer as something-blue. The last part I had a hard time recalling correctly. Have a good snooze.

Quick Reply: A sad, sad tale of humiliation!