Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People close to the St. Louis Area need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default People close to the St. Louis Area need help

Ok I am going to be needing to have my front end of my engine serviced. Here is my question all the parts to do it cost about how much, and would anyone be willing to help me do this. I don't have the money to pay a mechanic I heard its about $1000. I was hoping some people from the St. Louis, MO area could help me do this so I could learn something along with save a few dollars. I would have some food, and some beverages. This wouldn't be for a couple of weeks, I was just trying to get an idea.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently in-process of replacing the valves and headgasket on the 944S. Its torn down and while I am in there I will be doing the front seals. If you want to see what it looks like in there to get a feel for what needs to be taken apart, you are welcome to come by and take a look. I also have a bunch or receipts for all the parts I have gotten for it so you can see how much it would cost you.

The head is already off, and it will probably be a week before I tear down the front balance shaft seals etc.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:45 PM
1987na
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my front crankshaft bolt fall OUT (they are only held in by friction, since there is not any way to put a nut on behind it and still have it go into the crankshaft) and the crank pulley drop out, I had the front crankshaft pulley, seals, and balance shaft belt replaced for about $500 by my mechanic.

The balance shaft belt was frayed and had snapped, I have no idea how long I had been driving the car with it that way, luckily I did not damage anything (to my knowledge).

You will have to pull off the front spoiler/valence in order to get at the front end stuff.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: People close to the St. Louis Area need help