Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jager handles installed. Looking for broken handle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jager handles installed. Looking for broken handle!

Since my driver's side Porsche script door handle broke, I've since ordered the Jager pull-style door handles for my car.

I was impressed when they arrived, well-packed and with instructions. I've since been told that they are VW Golf III handles based on their appearance, but Jager has modified them slightly so that they can be used on the 944.

Now, I know many people have frustrations with the door handles...I WAS NO DIFFERENT. In fact, because this was a custom procedure, using non-OEM products, it amplified an already frustrating job. I spent SIX HOURS installing the driver's side handle alone. Mind you, this was my first time removing a handle, there was alot of test-fitting and testing what I need to attach in what order, and there was a lot of swearing and throwing tools, but I got it done. And it looks AWESOME! I'm sure others wouldn't spend as long as I did, but that frickin ball joint actuator arm is the bane of my existence...

Aside from swapping the lock cylinders (and filing them a bit to fit), you need to re-use the door actuator arm from the OEM handle. You need to drill out the rivet that attaches it. Now I want to do the passenger's side, but there's no point in wrecking a good handle...so, I was wondering if anyone has kept their broken door handles, that still have an actuator arm on it in good shape? I'm not sure if they are side specific, but I need a passenger side one. I'll pay for shipping and your time...

So, here are some pics! I really think it updates the car to the mid-90's, just with this upgrade, since many modern cars have this style door handle.
Attached Images    
Old 06-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Mello
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it doesn't cover up the indentation on the door. At least it looks like it on the first picture.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:05 AM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Linkage actuator arms are available new from 944online.com.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:09 AM
jgporsche
Drifting

do you have an eye level pic of the door handles?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whered you get them / how much?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mello is right, it does look likeit doesn't cover up the indentation in the door, but it actually does. That photo creates a weird illusion. I'll try to get a dead-on view pic to show you. Also, there is now a small chip on the right side closest to the door seam, that I tried to touch up...just more proof of my frustrations with the actuator arm

www.jageng.com
Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 AM
jgporsche
Drifting

i have been thinking of getting these door handles. get that pic up so i can order mine!

Quick Reply: Jager handles installed. Looking for broken handle!