Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing belt service, Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:59 AM
todzilla
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only other way to verify - and this is acceptable if the shop's legit - is to ask him where it was done. Then call the shop and try to find out the deal. If this fails or he 'did it himself' (good luck!), you HAVE to do the belts/water pump, etc....it's practically the law in 944 ownership. Once this is done and your clutch is good (you hope) they are fairly bulletproof daily drivers. Should parts be needed as it gets older, there is always cars being parted on this site or peli*** (not sure if I can cross post?) or good old E-bay. Weissach also has everything you'll need but get out the credit card!! I lost 2 fuchs caps over the past month (yeah I know...wtf!!?) and they were $60 each time! Nice but not unexpected.

I'd say - and don't shoot me here guys - that you should be safe to drive it to the shop, but if in doubt, that's all the driving I'd do til it's done..........and no racing minivans on the way there (you'd lose )

Anyways, good luck - we're here to help..........even Rich
Old 06-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Tod. Yeah I'm thinking I'll just drive it to the shop, not sure if I'll got to weissach or Scan yet, I might go to weissach just because it's closer but I wouldn't go there for anything other than for this timing belt job. Now if my belt breaks or comes lose on the way to the mechanic to get the belts done that will be really bad luck...

someone told me to get the oil cooler resealed also as preventative maintenance. IF the headgasket or clutch does not give up soon it should be a reliable car after that (at least I have my fingers crossed).

Quick Reply: Timing belt service, Vancouver