Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do cats really like coolant?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:46 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Do cats really like coolant?

Cause if they do I will be pouring buckets for this stupid f**king cat. Shows up at my house, gives my little sister scabies and won't go away. Dump it miles from my house and it comes back..smelling like skunk

Leave it alone until about 10 minutes ago. Come out side to see chilling on my porsche script seats. tearing it up. I grab the ****ing cat and get it out of my car and guess what I notice next? DEEP scratches all over my door. I have a VERY VERY nice paintjob with one ONE flaw until today. If I had the heart to kill any animal this would be number one.

Now I had a ****ed up interior , scratched door, AND to top it off it reeks of skunk. That cat better not come back or I'll be tempted to drop it off on the NYS Thruway.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not drop it off at a pound? It at least sounds friendly, if but stupid, so it can probably be adopted.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:08 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

To be honest it is friendly...and its not a bad looking cat i think its a tricolor or something.... A bit of a **** have seen a few male cats lurking and "our" cat meowing) ..but otherwise a nice cat. I can just drop it off at a pound and theres nothing else I have to do??
thnks
Old 06-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Humane Socitey here takes animals no questions asked. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Markota
Cause if they do I will be pouring buckets for this stupid f**king cat. Shows up at my house, gives my little sister
Mike, I'm sorry to say this, but shame on you for both ideas. How would you like someone giving coolant to your sister or dropped her off in the middle of a freeway? I'ts not a pleasant way to go.

Next time, roll your windows up. Take the cat to a no-kill shelter, or take it to a vet, get it fixed and cleaned up, and love it till it dies if it's as frieldn;y as it sounds..
Old 06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Royalty
Banned

lets see you say that afte your sister gets scabies and your seats are torn up. The man is obviously is dealign with a bit of frustration.

Let him vent.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Mr.C
Intermediate

Reminds me of the time my buddy bought a trap and took some kitty for a ride. Problem was the neighbor kid came looking, which really made him feel bad.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:47 PM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

They don't call it kitty Kool-aid for nothing....
Old 06-11-2006, 09:54 PM
White Pony
Racer

They die very slowly and painfully if they do ingest it, I believe that ethelyne glycol it replaces the natural sugar in the bloodstream with synthetic toxic sugars. The kidneys can only handle a small amount of it before it starts to kill them, and it takes hours depending on how much they actually eat. It is metabolized and it starts to shut stuff down as the glycol hits it. Actually the stuff all in all isn't that poisionous, there are just some things in it such as anti corrosion additives which really do the damage.

Best thing to do if you don't want it is take it to a shelter.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

Thanks Pony. I'm terrified if I spring a coolant leak, the German Shepards will find it first.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

no no no i babysat one of my (girl)friends cat, im not sure which one is a bigger bitch, or which one i wanted to throw on a freeway (during rush hour, IN THE HAMMER LANE!) then theres my best friends dog which pissed on my rims after i washed the car, the second day i had it! in other words mike, i feel your pain. im sure treehuggers love trees....until a redwood crushes thier legs leaving them paralyzed from the waist down, ending thier sex lifes.....
Old 06-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, I'm completely serious when I tell you if you put out anti-freeze for that cat or drop it off on the NYS Thruway, I will alert the NYS police as well as the local ASPCA.

I'm sure you're just venting and I'd be plenty pissed too. I've always liked you and think this is below you. Don't even think about it.

If you want to get rid of it, please take it to a no-kill shelter. I'm sure there are some in your area and they will humanely make your problem go away.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Coolant take more than hours to kill a cat at times. I have seen a cat at the vet dying from that reason. Its really a sad way to go. I rather get hit by a car. Maybe I don't care about my cars as much as you guys but I don't mind too much if a cat runs around on my cars probably because my parents told me they bring good luck. Heck, some rats are making nests under the hood of my parts car.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:43 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

i think some of u guys are thinkin a little too much into this, if anyone here was going to commit a crime im pretty sure they wouldnt ask any opions about it. unless they were stupid, and i think im the only stupid one one registered, and im heavilly medicated so u dont gotta worry too much about me
Old 06-11-2006, 10:53 PM
mein51
Racer

The best cat deterrent is a dog My dog loves cats!
Seriously though, he just wants to play. If I find a cat in my garage or driveway, I let them meet my dog.. then the cat flees back to wherever it came from and never comes back. Problem solved!

Quick Reply: Do cats really like coolant?