Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Repair Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Bill Lucas
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Repair Update

The exhaust is off and the transmission is dropped. The bolt that secures the linkage to the transmission sheared off with a very gentle twist so we dropped the transmission and pulled the whole shift linkage out from the backside. Now we'll be able to drill out the offending bolt with the transmission on the ground.

Next up is to remove the starter and slave cylinder and finally begin to get to the goodies. Hopefully things will go smoothly with no (more) surprises.

Since the transmission is on the ground I've decided to give it a thorough cleaning. I'm having a blast doing this project although I do miss driving my car. Hopefully I'll be back on the road before too long. I talked my wife into driving Jr. to basketball practice tonight so perhaps I can keep the job moving along.

I'm open to any advice/suggestions that anyone may have. I'm a novice at working on cars but I have a knowledgeable helper and I'm techincally adept.

TIA.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:04 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Clean all the electrical contacts you come in to (ground on bellhousing to firewall, starter wiring for sure) if you keep everything clean and orgainized and its not too bad

Quick Reply: Clutch Repair Update