Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holy crap my 944 runs like new

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:59 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holy crap my 944 runs like new

me n my buddy spent the better half of the day messin around with the 944. Swaped out the ****ty oil for some fresh stuff, put on some new wires, and fixed my driving light. After doing those simple basic things, she runs like a top! i suspect when i change the tranny fluid, air filter, fuel filter, she'll be better yet. I got a nice surprise while i was under the car taking pictures, one of the turnbuckles that holds the p/s pump in place snapped, after one of the bolts behind the pump fell out or whatever. i got a picture of that tube i was commenting on earlier, still not sure what its puropse is. its by the horns on the driver side behind driving light pocket. there is a mixture of oil/atf all over the friggin place on the underside of the car. Think i need to degrease the motor soon? oh and those jacobs electric plug wires are good and all, but they are longer than original and like to rub on the coolant hoses and the timing cover behind the dist cap. and the coil wire likes to get caught up in the headlight zinger thing(fyi). whoever had this car before me like to use performance or oe parts. Beru wires, mahle filter and oe air filter. so im happy bout that, i expected to see fram all over the place!
oh and are my rear tires supposed to look like that?
Old 05-28-2006, 02:06 AM
White Pony
Racer

Good for you man, you seemed to be unhappy with your 44 at first, I'm glad you are more happy with it now.

I'll say one thing, these cars are like purebred, spoiled cats or something, when it comes to oil. If it's too thin, the lifters click. If the oil is starting to break down from heat, the oil pressure bumps up and down like a sleepy security gaurd when it's hot.. If it's too thick, the lifter clatter for like 3 minutes before it builds pressure. Keeping clean, fresh oil I think is a big part of keeping them happy.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:09 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

got any ideas bout that mystery tube/tire thing?? im pretty sure its not related to the air box. as far as the tires, some dude had said that they were supposed to have some positive camber, but i think it looks ducky..
Old 05-28-2006, 10:11 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftyZenBadd
i got a picture of that tube i was commenting on earlier, still not sure what its puropse is. its by the horns on the driver side behind driving light pocket.
I'm not sure what your previous comments were on this tube. If you're referring to the hard plastic tube that begins near where the air box snorkel starts, then goes down and rearward and attaches to a flexible air hose, that's the alternator cooling duct. It's seen at the bottom of your first pic. If that's the one you're referring to?
Old 05-28-2006, 02:39 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

oh yeah i think thats what someone else had mentioned too, forgot about that. so then it does serve a pourpose- good. thanx for the reminder
oh and there is no flexible tube after the hard plastic one, got old fell off maybe?

Quick Reply: holy crap my 944 runs like new