Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where can one get these...???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can one get these...???

I really like both pieces... the strip that replaces the black plastic factory piece that covers the lip & carpeted edge which says "Porsche" & also the piece that says "968S" on it...

Anyone know...? This is one of my alltime favorite interiors ever... Not sure I should post the owner's name or not, but this is a convertible that has most all of it's interior recovered in leather & a lot of carbon fibre accents, etc... it's beautiful... I just think these two strips add a nice finished look...
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 AM
namespace
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I think nicole over at http://www.hookedoncars.com/ may do them?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Adam- I just looked on the site, but there's only one page of stuff for our cars & it's mostly pins... something was wrong w/the site last night & I couldn't get on to look... Anyway, I sent her a PM- we'll see...

Anyone else know? I know I've seen the rocker panel part (968S) but never the other & that's the piece all of these cars really need- they always break up & chip, etc... bad place for cheap plastic. I'm not even sure the one in the pic is worth anything, but I'd say the cheap stock plastic piece isn't cheap, so am looking for an option... I seem to remember the other piece coming from a place in Europe....? I don't really care if it's CF look or not... I just want something that looks nice- the car in the pic is probably my all-time favorite interior... I've never seen someone go through one so well...

thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 02:21 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm still looking for that nice sill set in brushed stainless (in the same pic) with nothing but an etched Porsche script. No luck so far though. My car is already a black hole and I'll do anything to brighten it up a bit, except remove the dark tint of course that makes it so dark inside
Old 05-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve- did you get my e-mail (or PM?) on the Polyken? I had sent you a link to Merco-tape (I think was the name).... Also, what color interior do you have? Was it you who was one of the ones asking for the alcantra in the dash cover thread? If not, just in case you're not aware, it's a great idea for the cracked dash prob- can do any color in one of several dif materials.... I also wanted to know.... have you ever removed a rear seat? I just did recently & was going to put Polyken all over it & then carpet over- not sure it will work though- going to try a few patches, but am wondering if it might need a dif finish first....? If you've never seen underneath a rear seat bottom, then I guesss you wont know... Just curious... I'm hijacking my own thread...
Old 05-27-2006, 03:25 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Dunno if this helps you, but I can tell you where to get these if you want. I like em.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:40 AM
namespace
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
Dunno if this helps you, but I can tell you where to get these if you want. I like em.

mmmm, I like them Eyal, they look hot, where do they come from? and I assume they fit an 84?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:42 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Robby
Steve- did you get my e-mail (or PM?) ..... Just curious... I'm hijacking my own thread...
Funny post. No, I didn't get the Merco link. Is it comparable to the Polyken? So how is that El Reflecto 944 project coming along? I'm not a big van fan of Alacantra having almost worn Blue Suede Shoes in the 50's.

With the deadening you've used I say a sound system is in serious order
Old 05-27-2006, 04:10 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyal 951

I have those!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes Eyal... I would love to know.... Do they have that Porsche crest on them, or did you do that? I like those a lot- I really don't know what all is out there in the way of those things, so anything I can find, at this point, is worth a look... where & how much...??? Hey, how did you mount them??? Thank you....

Steve- yes, sound system is part of the reason for the Polyken... I'm not going to spend big bucks on it or anything, but I'm just wanting a nice simple CD player w/nice speakers & possibly a small amp- no subs or anything- I just want a nice, simple, system emphasizing good SQ above all else..... The Polyken will help w/that.... I sent you a link on the Merco-tape, which is the place that sells the Polyken... They sell the 360-35 on ebay for $121.28/case. That's 16 rolls, 50ft long, 3" wide. As it turns out, you were right- going for one full foot wide would have been too much for most areas of the car... I think 6" would be better, but 3" works well- I've had to do a lot of cutting & it cuts easily & still sticks well in little scrap pieces- that would never have worked w/Dyna-Mat... I just wish I could have got the 360-45, but that would have been close to 3 times the price for the same amount... they have so many widths, etc, that you have to get a calculator out to figure out the best cost... I think at $120/case it's a good deal... The damn thing weighed 48lbs shipped & I bought two of them.... The 1st link is one of their ebay auctions & the 2nd is their direct addy.... thanks for turning me on to the stuff....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polyken-360-35-B...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.mercotape.com/
Old 05-27-2006, 04:30 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I sent the link out in a couple PM's already, but enough people are asking, I'll just post it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHY-P...QQcmdZViewItem
Those are actual Porsche crests, its explained in the auction. I think he also does scripts like Porsche, or turbo, or 944, or 951 or whatever.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:51 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks- I sent them an e-mail asking more about them... will post back w/any info... the ad says they can add custom lettering... I'd like something like "944 Turbo S" or "Turbo S" or "951" or something....
Old 05-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can like make those sills if you know how to cut stainless steel.

That crest is the crest off of the keychains, he just ripped it of and put it on there. I have a pair of sills that look exactly like that, but instead of the crest, they say 944 on them. The 944 is the rear lettering off of the car.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

If I knew how to cut SS, I'd be able to make a lot of things.... what about the OTHER piece...? This is the one that's actually NEEDED... the flat piece is just decorative, mostly, but the cheap factory plastic piece actually breaks & a nice SS one of those would actually help in some way... of course, yes, I want both, but... I still haven't found anything out about it... Plus, it would be more techincal to make, since it has to squeeze over that lip & snap into place... Anyone know about this???
Old 05-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, here is the reply I got from the ebay link of Eyal's.... Dammit... I can't remember the name of the place, but since the link's above, i wont worry about it... The guy was quick to respond & seems like he knows a decent amount about these things & has done a bunch of them... BTW- the "ones I mentioned" were "944 Turbo S" & "Turbo S" & "951."

"We do custom work all the time and all the ones you mentioned have been done and would cost you no extra. We do charge a nominal fee of $10 to develop custom artwork and would certainly only levy that if we don't have a stock script that'll work.

To add the crest's along with the script on a sill would be an additional $10.00 for the pair.

The script is an OEM auto developed vinyl black out material. It's heat applied and is verrrrry durable.
Not susceptible to extreme heat or cold and is on for good. You've been seeing it on "B" pillars for years and likely assumed it was matte or stain black paint.

From the start and certainly after selling thousands we were and are confident in the product. I wouldn't sell them if I couldn't be proud for you to have chosen them for your car.

Write for any other questions if you like, no problem.

Regards,
Harvey"

He said, in another e-mail, that the base cost was $67.50 + actual S&H.....

Quick Reply: where can one get these...???