Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wear GOGGLES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:12 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He're a good one for ya...

had to run a neighbor to hospital about eight years ago. He only has ONE eye as he was shot in the face in a childhood accident. Needless to say he is in his driveway trying to get some gunk off the wheel on his truck... sprays the carb cleaner to discover it is pointing at his face.

When I drive up he is screaming for help and can't see anything... totally freaking out cuz it's his one good friggin eye.

poor ****er had been trying to get somebody to help him for what he thought was 10-15 minutes.....
we got him flushed and to hospital. turned out good, he can see.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:30 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

"...on the upside, the doctor in the ER was hot beyond comprehension (esp. for a doctor!!!)"

Now thats some good medicine right there!! Sign me up.

A friend of mine got a small piece of alluminum shaving or dust in his eye... The doctor couldn't get it out I guess, and it's not magnetic, so there it stayed for almost 6 months!! It was a total bitch I hear. No doubt.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:37 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah, i've been under RX7's and my 951 for 3 weeks. there's just something about working on a 20 year old car that you dont get anywhere else.

oh yeah, lots of **** falling in your eyes.

man i wish i had saved those landscaping goggles........
Old 05-18-2006, 03:10 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear that you are okay, i used to not wear eye protection when working on cars until something similar to 2bridges happened to a guy i was working with, got steer wire right in the eyeball.

Another scary occurance was when a friend of mine was prying some trim pieces off with a phillips head screw driver to take a headliner out of a car...the screw driver slipped and hit him right above the eye, in the eyebrow. An inch lower and he would have put a phillips head right into his eye!

Needless to say i dont mess around anymore, my eye sight is not worth the laziness of putting on eye protection!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:14 AM
MyBlackCar
Pro

I wear goggles all the time and keep a few spare around. Unfortunately, I learned this lesson in the same fashion as the battery acid except with metal shrapnel in the machine shop. I also recommend some real mechanics gloves. Let's just say Pavlov's theory works on me.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive had plenty of rust and dust in the eyes. Worst was when i worked at a body shop cleaning and stocking shelves, dropped a can of paint activator and when i looked down it shot out of the lid and right into my eye. I must have knocked about ten things down running to the eyewash station to flush it out. One of the body men was laughing at me cuz i ran so fast...the next week the same thing happened to him. Carma i guess.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:40 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was banging on an old wheel bearing trying to knock it out of the hub with a hammer and punch. There was a bunch of sparks flying with each strike and I thought nothing of it. Until one of those sparks nailed me right in the eye. Safety glasses ever since...
Old 05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
ive had plenty of rust and dust in the eyes. Worst was when i worked at a body shop cleaning and stocking shelves, dropped a can of paint activator and when i looked down it shot out of the lid and right into my eye. I must have knocked about ten things down running to the eyewash station to flush it out. One of the body men was laughing at me cuz i ran so fast...the next week the same thing happened to him. Carma i guess.

now THAT'S funny!

Quick Reply: Wear GOGGLES!!!