Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do late cars have inner seat belt holes anyways?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:44 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Do late cars have inner seat belt holes anyways?

i just thought about it but the seat brakets i bought dont have the factory seat belt mounts where they mount on the seat. Do late cars still have the holes w/ the threads in them for the tunnel belt mount or do i have to drill holes now?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe Corbeau makes brackets that have a tab for the stock seatbelt mounting. They have two different models for a 944, one starts with a 'C' and one with a 'D'...you want the one that starts with a D. The 'C' one is for cars that have the seatbelt mounted to the transmission tunnel or for cars that dont run a stock belt anymore i think.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope - no holes. You need to eaither drill your own or fab up a bracket such as this one:

I can take some more pics if needed.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:16 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to drill holes..see here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...orbeau+vasteve
Old 05-11-2006, 08:48 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

yeah i ordered the corbeau sliders, but he asked if i wanted the ones that i could use my stock belts with i say "naww"- now i remembered "hey thats where the new belt mounts too!" Thats ok ill drill the holes out and run some large washer plates to support the tunnel.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Watch where you drill and mount on the tunnel. Have a friend that did this and the bolt ended up touching the torque tube and caused an awefull rattle in his car.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a seat adapter you can buy that has a bolt hole for the inner seat belt anchor point. It goes something like this:

There is a square that you bolt down to the slider bolt holes in the floor. On the inside rear corner, there is a bracket where you mount the inner seat belt anchor point. Then custom sliders are mounted to this square frame that you've bolted to the floor. Stable energies (www.stable-energies.com) sells this hardware. IMHO, it works much better than the adapter that BK sells.

-Z.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
baldheadracing
Instructor

At the risk of being labelled a "safety ****" and/or stating the obvious ...

Try to get the sliders that have the belt tab - they are generally stronger than the non-tabbed ones as they (the Recaro ones anyway) mount to the floor at 6 points instead 4. I haven't seen the exact Corbeau brackets you have, but compare it to the features and beefiness of the stock Recaro sliders with an integrated belt mount - double-rail (U's within U's), double-locking (both rails have locks), and double engagement (two "teeth" fully engaged/surrounded by the locking mechanism on each rail). Unfortunately, the stock rails are part of the seat. (You can buy the rails independent of the seat from Por$che.)

If you go to the tunnel, the standard backing plate is described in the Schroth link in the other thread. (4" x 4" x I can't remember the thickness ...) These are a pain to tack weld into the right place because the factory seatbelt mount bracing in the tunnel is still there, but a plate can't really be put in that exact spot without dropping the torque tube (I couldn't find a way, anyhow). I put in a mount point on each side of the reinforcement, and use one for belt, and another for the sub.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:07 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

it does have the hole!!!! Tore out the carpet and searched under the insulation and found the stock hole just not drilled or tapped. Since this part of the floor has an extra layer of sheetmetal already welded into it, not really necessary to go overboard w/ all kinds of extra bracing. I drilled through the stock hole-which comes out next to the exhaust in a real easy to get to location. Got some stainless heavy duty grade 7/16 20 X 2" bolts and nuts and some large thick washers-just like some kits come with. I put the bolts in w/ washers from underneath and had the gf install the inside washer, harness, and nut etc and tighten it all up. Heres how it turned out-now im ready for my seats when they get here thurs...

ALSO- went ahead and removed my rear belts, pulled the top of the rear seat and put the bolts back in w/ the black caps to make it real clean inside.
Attached Images      
Old 05-15-2006, 12:17 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Cool! I just drilled stright through my carpet.

Is that the Redlineman bar? I love the red. Looks **** hot in your car.

Quick Reply: Do late cars have inner seat belt holes anyways?