Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NNJ PCA Autocross at the Meadowlands

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Yup, it's going to Raj's tonight for the repair.
Damian,

What happened to your PS pump. Was it the ps pump mount/balance shaft mount? My mount broke about a month ago and had to replace it. PIA
Old 05-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Vaino
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Great to meet a number of the fellow Wasser-pumpers at the NNJR Event. got to meet Dan, and a few of you for the first time face to face. It was a very cool site to see a parking lot full of 944's and 924S's. We usually only have three or four, and I think we had a total of ten this weekend.

Like Z, I had a good day and I worked hard to wring out everything out of my little 924S. I had a bit of an advantage, as this was my fourth event for the season, so I was in the "Zone" on the first run. Ultimately, pegged a 55.161 in S2. I've reached the limits of the M030 suspension, and was reaching the end of suspension travel, despite fresh Bilsteins. Looks like Double Adjustable Konis for the Rear are the next logical step.

Hope you guys enjoyed the course and the event. Looking forward to visiting some of your events. I have family on the East End, so LI is still home turf.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

Pictures courtesy of Yarin, Adrial’s brother.
It was nice meeting everyone.
http://coewww.rutgers.edu/~yarin/4-3...R-Meadowlands/
Old 05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,304 Posts

It looks like I missed a really nice day. Had a great time with my son, had his first communion yesterday and couldn't be in 2 places at once. Now I hear next Sunday has been cancelled and nothing until June except for the Car Control clinic.

Damian, sorry to hear about the pump. Was looking forward to hear about how the car performed. That suspension in the car is awesome.

Hope to see everyone at the CCC or next event. Any takers for this Saturday's Concours at Schooley's Mtn.?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:44 PM
yarin
Racer

Originally Posted by Wormhole
Pictures courtesy of Yarin, Adrial’s brother.
It was nice meeting everyone.
Damn you beat me to it! I was just gonna post for myself.. anywhere here is my brief writeup

Went to the first North Jersey Porsche Club Autocross Yesterday. Awesome weather, way too many people showed up. 137 drivers, they cut off way too late. 40something X class drivers. We only got 5 runs, really long day. Here are pics I took. Enjoy!

Fastest time of the day went to the fenderless stickered red 924. Closely followed by the modified GT3.

Pics in the best folder were cropped slightly and adjusted. They are my favorites.

Ohh for your photography buffs.... Canon Digital Rebel 70-200mm f/4 L shots taken in medium rez medium quality to save space on the memory card.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yarin
Fastest time of the day went to the fenderless stickered red 924. Closely followed by the modified GT3.
???
Um, I don't think so. During his FTD run, he was called off-course. He claims his video tape shows he clearly stayed on course, but the AX chair refused to go to the video tape.

-Z.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:54 PM
yarin
Racer

Originally Posted by Z-man
???
Um, I don't think so. During his FTD run, he was called off-course. He claims his video tape shows he clearly stayed on course, but the AX chair refused to go to the video tape.

-Z.
Ohh.. oh well. so be it. I got way too much sun yesterday.

It was nice seeing you again... next time i WILL be there in the 914.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Vaino
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Even if the run was "on course" it would have been second place. It was a 49.998, versus the GT3's 49.8

Nice Pictures!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:36 PM
I love porsche
Three Wheelin'

those pictures are great! im so glad someone got pics of my 924S...man that thing leans!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Awsome pictures Yarin. What a sweet event, i walked away with a nice plaque, t-shirt (they even knew my size!), a handful of awsome pictures and some great video footage. Nice!!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I love porsche
Three Wheelin'

haha i just watched your video jon, and at the end of your first run you can see my car stopped, and Z-man running back to my car to tell me that i get a rerun, good stuff, that spin looked fun!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:36 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
Andy - my apologies for that 'smart ##$$ remark to you, when you parked your car on the staging grid. Sorry 'bout that. But I am glad to see our brake lights working again!

Ha! It was definately warranted...I guess I'm too used to finding the empty spaces in the mall parking lots!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
yarin
Racer

Thanks for the comments guys. Taking pics is 1/2 the fun of autox for me. Too bad i can't control the sun.

I'd really like to setup some video cameras around an autox course sometime this summer. once i get my car running i'm gonna go with a miniDV camera fed by a few pin-hole cameras around the car.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yarin
Thanks for the comments guys. Taking pics is 1/2 the fun of autox for me. Too bad i can't control the sun.

I'd really like to setup some video cameras around an autox course sometime this summer. once i get my car running i'm gonna go with a miniDV camera fed by a few pin-hole cameras around the car.
You are more than welcome to take pics of my car whenever you want! If you need to experiment with video cameras before the 914 is ready, again, you are free to use my car.

What I think would be helpful is a super-imposed shot of what the feet are doing relative to the car on the course.

Originally Posted by I love porsche
haha i just watched your video jon, and at the end of your first run you can see my car stopped, and Z-man running back to my car to tell me that i get a rerun, good stuff, that spin looked fun!
I think I need to take my diet more seriously....

-Z.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

It was nice to meet everyone. I had a great time despite working for hours on end in the afternoon listening to a story about the problems of meeting people on the internet (Dan you know what I'm talking about).

Yarin, thanks for the pictures. There's lots of good ones.

Quick Reply: NNJ PCA Autocross at the Meadowlands