Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autozone tools.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:20 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
Some of you are going to be heartbroken when you start searching who makes all those tools, others are going to be floored.

Let's suffice it to say that much like batteries most are made by the same 3-4 suppliers.

Please fill us in. You can't make a claim like that and leave us hanging....
Old 04-22-2006, 12:54 AM
formerGMguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
Some of you are going to be heartbroken when you start searching who makes all those tools, others are going to be floored.

Let's suffice it to say that much like batteries most are made by the same 3-4 suppliers.
No offense, but I don't understand this logic. Just because the same manufacturer makes the products certainly doesn't mean that they're engineered the same or of the same quality. Most of the time its just more convienient and cost effective to farm out your production. For instance I work at a private manufacturing facility that makes their own personal care and cleaning products, but also produces the vast majority of Suave, Finesse, and Thermasilk shampoos, not to mention boat loads of Coppertone sunscreens, Alberto Culver hairsprays, and Turtle Wax (STP brand) car care products. Sure things are mixed in the same tanks and the bottles go down the same production lines, but none of the contract products are forumlated the same as our core products. At any rate I'd imagine the tool business is the same. One manufacturer may make 90% of the batteries out there but that doesn't mean they're all the same quality.

Quick Reply: Autozone tools.