Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Momo horn button - a different Q ('84)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 03:01 PM
sbyrne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Momo horn button - a different Q ('84)

I searched this queston, but can't find anyone with the exact situation I've got here. Yes, I bent up the contact on the multifunction switch. The single (hot, right?) wire is connected to the tab on the back of the button. The ground side of the circuit is what has me stuck. The only other contact on the back of the button is an exposed copper loop near the outside edge. I thought that would contact the tab on the metal ring that installs between the wheel and the hub to complete the circuit, but the plastic housing of the button pushes the tab away so that no contact is made. The horn button doesn't want to stay put in the center of the wheel, either. Do I need that tab? Do I need that ring? Or wouild the loop of wire on the back of the button make contact with the hub without the ring? Also, there is a circular bit of wire that came with the button which is not referred to in the instructions at all. Any idea what that's for?
Old 04-15-2006, 07:04 PM
sbyrne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update - problem solved - pilot error. I had the silver ring (the one that goes between the wheel and the hub) installed backwards, which was causing the interference with the horn button. Momo Prototipo looks great, feels great. Smart Racing Products 1 1/2" spacer highly recommended to fellow tall persons!

Quick Reply: Momo horn button - a different Q ('84)