Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aero Mirror and 968 Door Handle Site Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006 | 04:29 PM
icat
Race Car

Default Aero Mirror and 968 Door Handle Site Service

The ISP who hosts my web site has just informed me that the servers the site is on are being retired - TOMORROW! How's that for short notice. I've submitted the domain server changes to Network Solutions, but it may take up to 48 hours to transfer. As such, there may be some down time this weekend. If you have an upgrade to do, best to copy the pages now. Last time they did this the ISP deleated the site.

Looks like it's time to fire them and move on.
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:45 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

That sucks dude, just figured I would say thanks for keeping them alive and out there. Very helpful and well written.
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:03 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

I can provide free unlimited hosting on my server if need be... I own a colocated server that hosts my website and those of some of my clients. Would be happy to host a site that benefits the community.

If you are interested, hit me with a PM!
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:04 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Until you can get your new space.

968 Aero Mirror Upgrade

968 Door Handle Upgrade
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:07 PM
icat
Race Car

Thanks - I'm basically lazy and need to do something with the site. I have a two year prepurchased site with another ISP that I think I'll change over to. The new site was for a project that I've abandoned and it's paid for, while the current site for 951motorsports is running me $10 a month. Hey! I could use that cash for my new motorcycle addiction!
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:09 PM
icat
Race Car

DAMN! You guys are fast! Didn't even finish typing the above reply and I already feel like I've been robbed!
Old 04-13-2006 | 10:06 PM
Geo
Race Director

Keith, you could always, ah, host it on Rennlist, using your member benefits of 200mb of storage.
Old 04-14-2006 | 08:34 AM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by Geo
Keith, you could always, ah, host it on Rennlist, using your member benefits of 200mb of storage.
Yeah, I know - but that would make cents - and since I own a Porsche that pretty much confirms I have no sense at-tall.

All kidding aside - I left it where it was for so long because - as I mentioned earlier - I'm a bit lazy when it comes to these things, and two - I had all my e-mail and web access associated with that site. You'd be surprised at just how entwined an e-mail address can become.
Old 04-14-2006 | 10:47 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by icat
Yeah, I know - but that would make cents - and since I own a Porsche that pretty much confirms I have no sense at-tall.

All kidding aside - I left it where it was for so long because - as I mentioned earlier - I'm a bit lazy when it comes to these things, and two - I had all my e-mail and web access associated with that site. You'd be surprised at just how entwined an e-mail address can become.
Nah. I understand completely. I have two Internet accounts because of laziness. I have my original Earthlink dial-up account and have mainly kept it because of my web site. I've been meaning for some time to kill it and inertia just keeps it going. I've even announced twice it was going away in 30 day so people could save what they want and it's still there. Maybe this month? Probably not.

Then I have my Sprint DSL account that I've had for about 5 years.

So actually, I understand only too well. I did finally started using my Rennlist space for misc stuff. The storage space alone is worth the annual membership. I only wish I could FTP to the Rennlist space.

Quick Reply: Aero Mirror and 968 Door Handle Site Service