Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: rant on stupid drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Lego,

Sorry to hear of your wreck. Hope it turns out alright. Best wishes.

I don't know about other parts of the country, but last year I started using the toll road. I've noticed that traffics behaves very predictably, and it's almost always the case that when a total *** goes flying through traffic, you see him paying cash at the booth. The regulars with EZ tags are better drivers.

Gotta love the cops here though. Last week I was doing 75 in a 45, and I had to move over to let a cop pass me.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Racer46
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quit riding motorcycles here when an old person in an Oldsmobile looked over, actually made eye contact with me then changed lanes, forcing me off the road. I’ve had two wrecks in my Miata the first one coming out of a toll plaza a person in a Navigator (small dog sitting on their lap) changed lanes on top of me. They said they couldn’t see my little car. The second one totaled the Miata. 4-lane road I’m northbound in the left lane doing about 60. An octogenarian in a Buick pulls out of a hospital, on the southbound side of the road, right in front of me. There are cars on my left turning into the hospital and cars on my right. I decided if I had to hit someone it was going to be the person who caused the accident. Got slowed down to about 35 but totaled both cars. Cops showed up and wanted to give me the ticket. Fortunately a couple of witnesses were there and explained the situation to the officer. The driver of the other car “didn’t remember what happened”. The last accident lead to the 951, which is a little bigger than a Miata and hopefully easier to see.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Racer46
I quit riding motorcycles here when an old person in an Oldsmobile looked over, actually made eye contact with me then changed lanes, forcing me off the road.
dude wtf is up with that?! i plan on getting a bike soon, but this crap just scares me because i know people like that are out there. while i know that probably percentage wise there are a lot more a$$hole bikers out there, it's still inexcusable to pull stuff like that!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Kirk- be especially aware on a bike. Peeps dont look for flashing lights or an SUV oncoming to kill them.
Most never see a bike. Be careful and drive defensively. Leave an out.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:04 AM
callmethewanderer
Instructor

hahaha, no you're not!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:08 AM
barelyrunshalfthetime
Rennlist Member

One day I was cruisin down the road with my dad. We came to a stoplight and pulled up behind a red convertable (dont remember the type of car). Inside was a blonde women talking on a cell phone, smoking a cigarrette. and drinking coffee! all at the same time!. Then as she pulls out, she reveals that the car, is a stickshift! So what does she do when shes gotta shift into second?! SHE LETS GO OF THE WHEEL AND SHIFTS! This is all on a curve, so she starts driftin to the outside, shifts, grabs the wheel at the last second and veers back into the lane. GODDAMN some people are jackasses.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:23 AM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Fatal auto accident while blonde! (pending)
Old 04-14-2006, 02:47 AM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Headhunter
Everyone bitches about Florida, but in my estimation, New England is far worse. You'll see at least a dozen drivers reading the Wall Street Journal on I-95, doing 80mph as they speed into NYC.
We don't count Fairfield County as New England. They just serve as a tax base and inflate Connecticut's per capita income. Plus, they're probably all Yankee fans.

Now leave it to someone from northern NE to say that all of CT does not count as New England.

Last edited by yellowline; 04-14-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:04 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I f*cking hate stupid drivers. I mean, wtf? driving is like, dangerous, ya know, so why risk YOUR f*cking life and everyone elses? people are retarded... I'm gonna pass out now. g'night.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:12 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

I believe they only time we have good drivers and here adn traffic that doesn't sux is when its overcast out, if its raining or sunny all the stuipd people come out. ANd 250 days of stuipd people driving I can't stand it. People here don't know how to use the lanes right adn if they are in the slow lane and I pass them in the fast lane doing 60 I go by them like there not even moving! stupid people I tell ya. I think ALL North American Driver must be required to take a European drivnig test and a they MUST do on D.E type event before getting there licsense.

Brandon
Old 04-14-2006, 04:23 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep I was thinking the same exact thing today. I mean wow.. they must be paying people to get a drivers liscense here in NW Ohio.

I goto get some food around 3:30pm and its a mad house! This coming from someone thats driven in almost every major city. Yes, Flordia, Chicago, Alanta, Cincy, Columbus etc.. and none of them made me as mad as I was today.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:07 AM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Even in Boston, commonly faulted for the worst drivers on the planet, there's an unwritten set of rules that everyone follows.
You've never driven in Cairns, have you?
Mate. Japanese courtesy coach drivers anywhere in or out of the city. Japanese working visa people on pushbikes. European and American tourists {mostly European } going "the wrong bloody way" around roundabouts, of which we have hundreds!
Emergency vehicles here make so much noise you can't miss them. You dont talk and drive here, sure fire way to get booked. F***! I'll ring the cops and report you're plate myself!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:23 AM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer
I think ALL North American Driver must be required to take a European drivnig test and a they MUST do on D.E type event before getting there licsense.
My family moved (military) to Germany the summer before my senior year of high school. To drive there, I had to take the Dept. of Defense driving test for a valid license. State tests are ridiculously easy compared to that test. The failure rate on first attempt was over 90% for soldiers and dependants. If memory serves me correct, the test was 150 questions. 50 multiple choice, 50 right of way, and 50 signs. On the right of way questions they presented a three dimensional aerial view of an intersection with primary and secondary roads, pedestrians, horse-drawn carriages, etc., and asked you who had the right of way. On the signs, you had to select the correct meaning...

Florida drivers would pass out if they ever were presented that test. The hardest part of the Florida driving test is waiting in line.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 75ohm
Florida drivers would pass out if they ever were presented that test. The hardest part of the Florida driving test is waiting in line.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks red1. Though I am used to idiotic drivers and had countless accidents including being hit on my motorcycle to 2 hit and runs in the last 2 years, this one is the second worst I have been in. It sounded like an explosion when we were hit. Now I just have to suffer the ache and pain until they hopefully go away.

Quick Reply: OT: rant on stupid drivers