Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Followup question on interior removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 06:44 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Followup question on interior removal

Thanks to all who replied to my question about the a-pillar yesterday, turns out the PO had two screws in the top hole

Just about done decontenting the interior... today's question regards the driver's side carpet. It doesn't appear there is a way to remove the front piece without removing the gas pedal. Is this true? If so, what is the process to removing the pedal?

Thanks again, and if anyone needs a complete good condition late 944 black leather interior, I've got every piece!

Oh yeah, anyone know if an RS-style door panel exists? I want to get rid of the speakers and such and do a manual window kit. I searched and found some posts from Skip@Paragon, but no indication they ever became available.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:57 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You can remove the carpet without removing the gas pedal. I did it on my S2 about a month ago. The glue makes it really tough to pull but it is doable.
Good Luck.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:06 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you decide to remove the gas pedal, there is a circlip on the end of the throttle pedal lever, remove the circlip and washer, the pedal can then be pushed off the lever. Pull the pedal back towards the seat, there are 2 nuts down behind the pedal, remove the nuts and the pedal will lift up off the bolts. The circlips are a PITA to get back on though. My carpet wasn't worth saving, so I just cut it.

Post pics of your progress, it's always fun to watch a transformation.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another one of those "been awhile things" of mine. I don't think you can remove the carpet without splitting either the linkage off the top of pedal, or just removing it completely. Can't remember for sure. I don't remember the pedal being that big of a deal to remove, either. Like Jim said, there is a circlip on the cable end of it at the top, and IIRC, there are just a couple of small nuts/bolts? that hold the bottom of the pedal down the the floor. Ya might have to pull the carpet up a bit to access these, butt, I don't remember it being that big a deal. Its kinda a good thing to go this route anyway, so you can clean out all the years of debris and treat any rust under there. Retaining ring pliers work really well when removing circlips (paddle nose type), or a small screwdriver, and twist it out. Right tool for the right job..........if ya got 'em. If ya screw it up, not to worry, most any FLAPS should have another ring ya can use.

PO had "two" screws up there? Well, it sure won't get loose, or fall outta there that way.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:56 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Cool thanks guys... I figure it will be a tad easier to drill the plastic gas pedal and install my new Ultimate Pedals gas pedal with the base out of the car.

Sounds like I've got a fun project for this evening... thanks again, will post some pics in the next day or two...
Old 04-13-2006, 01:09 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you making your car into a track car? You don't need any of your interior pieces? I ask because I'm looking for a good deal on black seats and visors. If it were last month I would have asked for your whole interior, as I'm converting my early brown to early black, but late black would have been cool.

I'll be out of town until 4/22, so I'll ask if you still have those pieces when I get back.

The top A-pillar screw is confusing enough without an extra one being jammed in there. Stupid friggin POs.

Quick Reply: Followup question on interior removal