Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More parking lot damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Whitt944
Always Wears Protection
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not a very vengeful person are you?
-Keith
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Izzy
Three Wheelin'

I've done my fair share of vengance, and its nothing to brag about. But sometimes what goes around comes around.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Supachink
Im not exactly a fan of parking lots either, ive gotten my fair share of dings and dents and it makes me furious! but nothing will top the time i got a ride with my friend from school. We walk back to his car in the parking lot and he is staring at this one car next to him, and i said something along the lines of what , did they get ya? and sure enough they had put a ding in his door, paint and everything. ill never forget how he reacted.... calmly he said "yep they got me, and proceeded to stick a key in to the side of their car and pull a nice little line across the drivers door. good god it was like fingernails on a chalk board. come to think of it, his car was probably freshly repainted probably 2 weeks beforehand
boy, you've got some nice friends.
sad part is you problably thought it was neat to watch.

if you're car was keyed you'd be whining here like a 2 year old about some uncivilized ******* doing damage to your ride.

did either of you ever consider/wonder, "maybe that wasn't the car that caused the damage"? naw, just get even.

back to my original post, it's so different it it happens to you.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
chris UK
AutoX

Hey Whodak..Did you get on the periferique in Paris??? Sure it has a 50mph limit but noone listens to it. I ended up pulling a caravan onto the perifique going down to Royanne once. Usually a road joining a dual-carriageway goes onto the slow-lane...forget that in France...straight into the fast lane and I swear if I hadn't been in a diesel citroen at the time the parisians would have guilotined me.

They don't have insurance?!? Sure, that's cos no insurance company is going to insure most of them!!
Old 03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
WhoDak
Instructor

Meh we did get on the periferique to head outside the city one day but we were on a coach tour bus...I don't really know how fast we went hah! I wish I could have picked up a sweet Puegot to cruise in...or even a motor scooter, except that I don't have a death wish!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:35 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED A NOTE!!!!!!!! Why don't people have morales, you mess someones property up then fix it. I have only dinged one persons car and it was with a shopping cart. My mom broke her knee cap and I was helping her in the car and the cart rolled into the car next to us. I went in the store and found the owner. I paid to have her car fixed. I have had my daily driver smashed up more time than I want to know and I always park away from people. My 944 was backed into at a parking lot again parked away from everyone. It was even at an end space, no one not once left a note or tried to find me. I am with you on this one. People suck when it comes to cars.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:03 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

Hey, accidents happen to everyone, it is how you handle them that makes the difference. Once I had a cart get away from me at home depot and hit a new SUV still with temp plates a guy was parking. Caused a slight scratch on the bumper. I offered to pay, give information, etc. He shrugged it off, thanked for the offer, and joked that now it was christened.

Last saturday I went to the hospital to visit someone, there was 4 spots to the left and right of me and I parked as far away as possible. I had my mopar with me. Not a show car on the outside, but I keep it in nice shape with nice paint and straight chrome/trim.

I came back to the car and someone had either backed into my left rear wheelwell or turned into it as they were backing out of a spot because they caught the quarter and lightly scratched it and completely mangled the wheel well chrome trim to the front and back of the tire.

Such a nice person, always great to have someone do 200 bucks damage to your car and leave.

When I catch someone that dinged the door (white mark, white car, etc) the old eye for an eye addage works well and is always really temping. But I always fear that a cop, owner, or some combination of them is going to show up and want to know why I am vandilizing this persons car door with my foor or key.

Remember, to a cop, what the person did to your car was an "accident". Especially if he isnt a car guy. What you are doing to their car is now a crime. best thing to do if they hit it bad is get their plate number or call the police and file a report.

Another time I am at a NAPA store and a group of guys pull up next to te mopar in a trans am. They get out and my alarm goes off. I walk outside, the guy says, "I guess your car doesent like loud exhausts"

With that I point to the silver dollar sized crease/dent/scratch in my fender with his color paint in it. He says "oh sorry man" and starts walking away. I yell back something to him and he says "what the F**K you want me to do, I said I am sorry". I said how about offering to pay for the damage or showing some sincerity.

So with that he tells me that he's broke, has no money, and if I want to I can come through his window some night and slit his throat if it will make me feel better.

I gave up at that point. When someone doesent get it, nothing will change them.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I allways park my Porsche way out there in the PL, even my SUV. Someone dings me, they get my ding X 3
Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never park next to a coupe (longer doors)

Quick Reply: More parking lot damage