Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Rennbay Headlight (Re)wiring Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:25 AM
CO951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rollbar will be in by the end of the week, but I've got to get the 3 bar FPR before I can put the chips in, so I left them off for now. THANKS Doc!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 AM
RK951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Hey Guys,
I am going to run a sale on the harnesses starting today and running until Monday sometime. The sale price, to ONLY RENNLIST MEMBERS, will be $89.00. If you want to get a complete setup you should go ahead and purchase your harness now as they will not be at this price again. We will have the other accessories (E-code housings, bulbs, regulators) on the site in a few more weeks.

I will start working out the details of the sale and I should have the category up on Rennbay later today. I will start a new post announcing them in a little while.
Travis,
How do I get the Rennlist Member pricing? The website says 145.
Thanks.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:45 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RK951
Travis,
How do I get the Rennlist Member pricing? The website says 145.
Thanks.

The headlight kits are off sale now. Thanks everyone for the purchases. Now I have to stay up late tonight and tomorrow night building the extras. I didn't expect to sell as many as I did, so if some of you don't get shipped until Tuesday, my deepest apologies. Most will be shipped tomorrow but no one's kits will be sent any later than Tuesday.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:15 AM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Travis, you'll have to excuse me if I come across a little strong here but quite frankly I'm a bit peeved right now. This is what you posted on Saturday;

I am going to run a sale on the harnesses starting today and running until Monday sometime. The sale price, to ONLY RENNLIST MEMBERS, will be $89.00.
So Sunday night I go to place the order and find this;

Oh, and the headlight kits are off sale now....lol.. Here is a little side note....I woke up this morning to find that I over sold the quota that I set to end the sale at.
So I check your website and they are $144.99??? (More than a 50% increase). Well I don't find it funny and I do realize it is your business and you can do anything you please. Personally I think that saying you "oversold the quota" is TOTALY LAME. Perhaps you could have been "stand up" about it and given us some choices such as;

"Sorry guys but I miscalculated my cost/time/effort and need to raise the price 10-20% (or something reasonable) but this price is still good only until MONDAY and shipping might take longer than I expected. After Monday sometime the price will be $144.99"

Yeah it's called bitting the bullet and doing the right thing, other vendors/sponsors such as L/Rand V/R would have handled the situation in such a manner, I'm sure. I just had an issue with a product I ordered from L/R and was very impressed with the way Dave handled the issue. You can rest assured he will receive more of my business in the future.

Perhaps I just expect too much because I worked in the customer service field for 15 years for a company that truly valued customer loyalty. We would do whatever necessary to keep our customers happy when we made a mistake (and at times even when we knew it was the customer who messed up).

Take this for what it's worth, just some friendly advice that could help you with your business long term and some venting on my part (and perhaps a few other members) due to this situation.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Holey crap *****... I didn't know so many people still wanted in on this. Talk about a flood of response....
I will put the sale back up for today but just know that everyone who orders today will not have their orders shipped until NEXT Monday. I just don't have enough parts/time to be able to produce more than what was sold during the original sale for immediate shipment.
The "quota" was what I can/have made... I never expected to reach it much less exceed it. I didn't want to sell what could not be shipped immediately.

Sale is going back up now.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:32 AM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Thank you Travis. You ARE a "stand up" kinda guy. Extending the sale was exactly the right thing to do . I placed my order for the harness & a couple other small things to make it worth your while a little more. You can just ship all my stuff out sometime next week when the harness gets done.

You now have another happy, long-term loyal customer.

Thanks again-
Old 02-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry about ending the sale early. I just hate it when venders sell stuff they do not have ready to ship. It just burns me up. When I came home to see that the parts sold exceeded what I had (by one kit), ending it then seemed the only option.
Anyway, there is a note at the top of the sale page now explaining the shipping delay on new orders. I am glad to see there is so much interest in this new product though it is a little overwhelming at the moment.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:04 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

You made the right call here Travis. My friendly suggestion for next time is to say upfront something like "I have 20 kits available at the intro price, which will be good through Monday or when all 20 are sold, whichever comes first." Do that and I don't think anyone here has a problem.

I suspect the demand is from all of us fence sitters that wished we'd have gotten in on the IceShark kits before Dan's untimely passing.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Travis - I'm glad you reposted the sale...I was out of town when I saw the 1st post and couldn't access my PayPal. Order placed. I can really use this set-up in the worst way. Thanks again for being what all vendors should aspire to be.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:35 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Sale is going back up now.
Ordered!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Izzy
Three Wheelin'

Travis: you could outsource to China and save on the production costs
Old 02-27-2006, 01:24 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Aside from the suggested relay location being a little more crowded in my MAF-equipped 944 Turbo, is there any reason this won't work in the Turbo as well as the 944NA? I'm sure I can find a place to put the relays...

Edit: Looks like other Turbo guys have ordered, so I guess it's safe to assume it works. Order placed... thanks for the extension!!

Last edited by zerMATT951; 02-27-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:38 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Matt,

Sorry for not catching this sooner. No worries at all, it will work with the Turbo just fine.

Travis
Old 02-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Just ordered mine. Hope I made it under the wire!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

Thanks for putting the sale back up. I got my rennlist member number tonight and was able to order.

Quick Reply: Review: Rennbay Headlight (Re)wiring Kit