Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen washer not working!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
flamingeye
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen washer not working!

My windscreen washer pump seems to have stopped working. I do have power to it, therefore eliminating the stalk switch. My light washers work, which appears to run off a separate pump?

It took a couple of pulls on the stalk on and off over the last week to get it to fire, then the other evening just stopped!

I tried to disconnect the connecter to see if it is a bad contact but could not as it is almost impossible to get to. Tried to get the bottle out so I could test the pump, but that wasn’t possible either. I blew an air line down the tube just in case, but as I don’t get any sound coming from the pump I reckon it’s cream crackered. I have already searched on here and looked at manuals etc but not found answers

My question is, if anyone has replaced their pump can you give me a guide as to how to go about it rather than me taking the engine out to get to it.

My car is a '89 S2

Cheers

Quick Reply: Windscreen washer not working!