Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey - got some stuff recently!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:25 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hey - got some stuff recently!

havent posted much about what ive been up to lately besides this and that. Ive been trying to get my car all ready for april's DE and update alot of stuff at the same time. I got my 17" wheels from a PCA friend w/ some kuhmo victoracers already on them. Also got my strut bar installed -thanks Tifo- guess i need to pay for that huh- and got a new PYROTECT helmet for valentines day(yeah i thought that was nice) What did she get? A new puppy named Maggie. Pics- ok.
Attached Images     
Old 02-22-2006, 09:34 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

awwww. cute doggy.

Dan, what do you think of the Pyrotect? I was going to buy a helmet (SA) tonight and was looking at those and G-Force's. Im definately getting a full face helmet, just curious what you thought of the fit, padding and the weight. Thanks.

Which DE you going to? Im signing up for one 4/2 @ Gingerman and then my dad called me tonight about one in late April @ Putnam. Ill prob try and do that one as well. (In the M3 if they allow other cars, if not then prob wont be there.)
Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, if your showing off what you got, I wanna do the same. I'm pretty excited about the Power Perfect SMT piggyback that just showed up in the mail today. Also pretty excited about the MAF kit showing up in the mail friday. I'd install this weekend, but I might have to reschedual due to an impromptu track event.
ahhh, feels good to brag. (I've been holding that in, seriously!)
Congrats on your stuff, and the dog is very cute. (Good valentines gift!)
Sam, if you need a helmet, contact me before you make your purchase, I'll help you out with price on whatever helmet you want.
Eyal
Old 02-22-2006, 10:07 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Dan, Been pretty busy but I will try to get that hood stay out to you in the next day or two. Got babysitting duty tomorrow and fri so I should be able to get it boxed up for ya.

Michael
Old 02-22-2006, 10:23 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Heres a few of my latest "parts laying around the house":

Turbo Cup replica strut bar, oilpan with welded in lindsey baffel, new turbo , also have 968 mirrors and door handles that need to be dropped off for paint (meaning the exterior of my car is almost finished = yay!) I love spending money, wish I had more.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

hey nice you have the strut bar! let me know when you want me to weld that up for ya!!

pyrotect- i like it alot actually. The padding is pretty thick so when i first tried it on it seemed alittle tight, but after wearing it around the house alittle- yeah like the Stig from Top Gear- it fits very nicely and even came w/ some extra hardwear for when little things start to wear out. I pulled the clear face shield off since i have a stock car and lets face it in April at MidOHIO w/ a black leather interior i'll be roasting w/ that on there.

The DE i signed up for is w/ my PCA chapter which is OVR on easter weekend at mid ohio. Pretty sure we will be the first to run on the newly paved track- so new that we cant run anything harsher than a 50compound slick on there or itll tear it up till the pavement cures completely!

-forgot to mention i got some nice skate style shoes for driving at the track in- very light and comfortable. My other shoes were too clunky for fast downshifts and such....

No problem Michael- im in no hurry.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice doggy and helmet. The helmet would look good on the puppy too.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Got some stuff for my ride also..i just need some decent weather on a weekend to put it all in now!

Old 02-23-2006, 09:27 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

if you dont have time to install those calipers, just send them to me and ill do it for you...on my car!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:09 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is about the extent of what I have after this past winter's upgrades....

Congrats on the parts, and cute dog!

Quick Reply: Hey - got some stuff recently!