Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 04:38 AM
XxKHxX
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater

Hey, when i flushed my coolant system and turned my heater on high, i noticed cold air came out. do i have to drive it around to get the heater working?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
s928s
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your system is air bound. You can do a seach for bleeding the system. Do not let it get too hot !! may blow a hose or a gasket.

try this.

1. make sure engine is cool.
2. squeese the upper rad. hose that goes to the thermostat housing ( top of motor)
..if it is soft and you cannot feel any coolant inside, take the upper clamp off, fill the hose with coolant and then reinstall.
3. open the bleed valve at the top of the thermostat housing, ( 10mm at top of thermostat bubble. )
4. fill the resivoir to max with coolant.
5. Pinch the overflow hose closed at the resivoir ( small 3/8hose leading from the side of the tank )
6. take a rag and clean the fill opening on the resivoir,
7. cover the opening with your mouth and blow air into the tank, this will force coolant into system and the air out the bleeder valve. when you see coolant come out of the valve, close it and run the engine for about 10 minutes and see if you have heat.

..you may have to do this a few times, makes it easier if you have pressure tester for the cooling system. The system has a tendency to get air bound.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
XxKHxX
Advanced

Originally Posted by s928s
Your system is air bound. You can do a seach for bleeding the system. Do not let it get too hot !! may blow a hose or a gasket.

try this.

1. make sure engine is cool.
2. squeese the upper rad. hose that goes to the thermostat housing ( top of motor)
..if it is soft and you cannot feel any coolant inside, take the upper clamp off, fill the hose with coolant and then reinstall.
3. open the bleed valve at the top of the thermostat housing, ( 10mm at top of thermostat bubble. )
4. fill the resivoir to max with coolant.
5. Pinch the overflow hose closed at the resivoir ( small 3/8hose leading from the side of the tank )
6. take a rag and clean the fill opening on the resivoir,
7. cover the opening with your mouth and blow air into the tank, this will force coolant into system and the air out the bleeder valve. when you see coolant come out of the valve, close it and run the engine for about 10 minutes and see if you have heat.

..you may have to do this a few times, makes it easier if you have pressure tester for the cooling system. The system has a tendency to get air bound.
i just did this and i got heat! ur a lifesaver..now to figure out why my temp runs at 3 bar constantly with a 180F thermo switch. I touched my radiator and i felt no heat.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:50 PM
s928s
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radiator may have a blockage. When the thermostat is open the coolant goes from the larger
hose on the waterpump to the rad. Across the grid and out the other end of the radiator. When the engine is at temp the outlet hose should be slightly lower temo (@20 deg ) than the input hose. If that is the case, you can remove it and have it checked and flushed at a rad. shop if its not too blocked.

p.s ..you should edit your sig. to show your location, You may have some helping hands near by.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

where exactly did you touch the radiator.

Quick Reply: heater