Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Four month clutch change out

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 PM
MY83944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four month clutch change out

Well, it has got to of been four months since I started. Major trouble with a stripped off bolt, one of the bolts that holds the sensors to the flywheel.

Not able to get it out without removing the motor, screw that I am tired of working on the car and can not pull the motor, if for no other reason, I do not want too.

So, here I am, here, in front of you all today, admitting that I am going to use JB Weld to epoxy that M-F new holder in place.

I plan to start ASAP - No later than next Saturday -
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Sometimes, we have to do some of these things we REALLY don't want to do, and the sooner we do it, the sooner we're back on the road, and not having to worry, or be concerned about THAT ISSUE again. Note: once a person starts to do "mickey mouse" fixes, instead of doing the "correct" things.........it can become a nightmare disease after a while. I can understand the frustration and desires, but HATE to see ya go this route. I've got my own problems on my cars, sorting out other PO's "lazy ways" out of a problem, after problem, after problem. After a while, the car is nothing more than a cheap peice of crap. Everyones situation, tool/equiptment supply and experiences are different, so one must do, what one must do. I'm just one of those that really shakes my head, at people like this, when I happen to purchase the car later. Butt, thats alright.........I don't generally pay top price for a car if I even suspect this kinda situation, as there are generally some visual signs of this type of thing going on, so the warning flags will fly, and I'l offer a price accordingly!

PS: Good luck with the JB weld working for any length of time! Your gonna need it. Its a pretty important thing to have hang in there correctly.

Wishing ya all GOOD THINGS!!.......
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That just makes me sad. JB weld dosn't belong on a 944. Good luck if you do it.

Quick Reply: Four month clutch change out