Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Uranium-235
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Good Buying Experience

With all of the complaints these days about poor buying experiences, I'd like to say thank you to Russin Rocket. for a very good experience. I picked up a motor and crossmember this weekend from RR, and it went very well. He had everything ready to go and helped me find his house. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Id like to say the same about about Vlad. Bought my SFR exhaust from him a little less than a year ago now. Real nice guy, gave me a ride in his very nice S2 also.

Also offered to give me whatever parts i needed to get my car back on the road after my accident.

Other standup guys are Tom Carson, who made the same offer as Vlad and helped me get my car back on the road with parts i needed.

And countless others. One particular member, i think his name was Anthony K. We made a deal together on his sport seats which he was selling, $350 and id come pick them up. He told me the morning i came that three other people called him and offered as much as $600 for the set. He still came through and said "a deal is a deal". That was a really stand up guy.

I guess ive been lucky that ive never had a bad experience dealing through Rennlist.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:08 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Its nice to see posts like this.

I've only been burned twice in all of my dealings on Renn (I sent a part to someone for free as long as they covered shipping and I never got the $$ for the shipping or even a "thank you", the other time was some die-cast Porsche cars that were half-assed thrown in the shipping box with no packing materials and over half of them were broken in pieces and chipped up). When you take into account all of the things I have bought and sold on here, that is not really a bad ratio at all.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

while we're on it ,thanks Todd for the sunroof panel- put it in this weekend and she worked great! Thought i would have to call you for a sunvisor for Erins 924s but whatdoyaknow i had one i found whilst cleaning the garage and moving into the new one.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:37 PM
tod84944
Drifting

Thanks Dan. I have been reading all the treads lately about the bad buying that has been going on. When I first joined Rennlist way back, it seems this nevered happened, or I don't remember it. When I sell parts to you guys, I want you to feel like you are getting more than you expected. Doing that has been the right thing to do, and it has kept and built my reputation. I myself, are just as mad about the folks ripping off fellow Rennlist brothers as anyone else. It makes all of us who peddle a few parts on here look bad. I don't do this full time. I do it to fund my cars, and buying non-running cars and putting them back together. I want to be a part-time sponser on here, and Ted was suppose to be working on that, but it seems that I should probley contact John D. myself.
If you don't buy from me, buy from someone else on here that has been around for awhile, and you haven't heard any complaints about. Jason was another guy that was parting af car here and there, decided to give it a rest for awhile. He treated folks right, and did what was expected. What else can you ask for??
As for the guys that are doing shady dealings, don't worry about them. It will catch up with them, sometime or another, I have seen it happen on here. I just goes to show how stupid they are. They will try to rip 300.00 or 400.00, and the next thing you know, someone is here on the board letting us know about it, as they should. After that, who will buy from them???? NO ONE!!!!. They could went on to make some money here and there, but they blew it over a small amount. Smart, aren't they!!!
That is my .002 cents worth. Now, lets get back to talking about the cars, like we should be doing........
Old 01-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Russian Rocket
Pro

I wish i saw this earlier
Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, i really do appreciate it!! I just treat everyone the way i want to get treated, just like the old international saying goes
I'll take this chance to thank everyone who helped me during these years. I wouldn't be able to remember everyone but tod84944 once mailed me a set of steering rack bolts for free and even covered the shipping, i'll never forget that. Even though i never got the car on the road i still have the bolts just as something to show that there still are great people in this world.
Don't even get me started on pete944, that was the best car-buying experience in my life.
So, once again thanks guys and gals, i hope i'll have a chance to repay all those favors.
Vlad.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This .... thread ... *sniff* ... so touching .... *sniff*

Group hug!

Might as well voice my good transactions:
1. Bought a Redline rollbar from a Rennlister - he was heading home from college and jumped off the Parkway to deliver it. Nice guy (er, forgot his name), bar was perfect!

2. Sent Tom R a Stable Energies FE mount - I told him I'll cover the shipping costs, and he sent me a check not only for the agreed upon price, but also for the shipping!

3. Clem sold me his 968 16" 5-spoke wheels with decent tires on them for about $110 a corner. Picuted up the wheels at his folks place - no problems with the transaction.

4. I sold Dave my Stable Energies harness bar. Showed up at his house and the exchange was made without trouble.

5. My bro in law dented up the header panel on the nose of my 944S2. A quick call to George B @ 944Ecology, and found out he had a brand new nose. He down over an hour to my workplace to deliver the panel. Unfortunately, the panel was for a 944n/a, NOT a turbo nose. The next day, he came back to my workplace with the nose panel off his own 944 Turbo - it was in perfect condition. He also threw in a circuit board for the dash since my dash lights are out due to a short in the circuit board for my 'troubles.' Talk about service!

-Z-man.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

I have to say that I've not bought much from other rennlisters, still kinda new around here and with a Pcar, but when I bought the S2 KLA strut bar from MadMax it was sent promptly, in great condition, and at a great price that we both agreed upon. Can't complain about that!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
barelyrunshalfthetime
Rennlist Member

i bought a full set of seatbelts from caster944, they were shipped incredibly quickly and the price was right!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

I bought a set of wheels and snow tires from a rennlister (through pca), sold the center caps to one rennlister and the wheels/tires to another rennlister, then bought them back from the same rennlister (thenks for selling them back to me gelefsky). then sold the tires to a rennlister.

sold another set of center caps to a rennlister, then sold him the wheels to go with them with another set of caps.

bought a FE mount from Zoltan, and wanted to blame him for the dumbass move i did by putting it on the wing on monday and backing out on wednesday. Yes that was the "rock move" thread. Thanks Z

i bought a steering wheel and hub from another one, acutally my brother did. He met the seller on the street while he was making an arrest!!! then sold the wheel again when he got another, but kept the hub.

bought a set of 928 seats from a rennlister with a two minute phone call. thanks steve. too bad i put them in the car before it got stolen.

then i used the same box and gallons of popcorn and sold the original seats to another rennlister.

Another rennlister introduced me to a prospective for the firebird. it was close till i talked him out of the car.

i think i am missing a deal or two. i didnt realize i did so much wheeler dealer ing on rennlist.

Quick Reply: Good Buying Experience