Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only Slightly OT- Idiot Slapped The Guardrail at 70+

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005 | 01:49 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Only Slightly OT- Idiot Slapped The Guardrail at 70+

Before you get on me about it, I already know this thread is worthless w/o pics, but the story is worthwhile.

So i'm driving down HWY 50 today, on my way to work. gonna pump up the economy, do my part, be a part of the work force, etc, etc.

Now, i always travel in the fast lane unless it's raining, or foggy. today it's fairly clear and i'm able to go 65-70, and all the cars are spaced out evenly. it's a very nice drive so far. But there's a silver accord coupe in front of me that's going say..........50. Mr.I-am-the-police-of-the-world. so i pass him at a normal speed, safely. no jerky movements, no loud noises in his face, just a normal pass. he gets.....mad at this for some reason. passes me all loud cutting people off, etc. i say "fine" i drop back a few car lengths to let this ******* go about his business.

He continues to swerve and speed and cut people off, to the point where he gets stuck 3 or 4 cars behind me because i stayed in the same lane and traffic slowed down a bit.

He sees me in front of him again and gets pissed. gets right on my ***, then switches 3 lanes over. speeds up to-i'm not kidding- at least 100 mph, then decides he's going to CUT ACROSS 3 LANES OF TRAFFIC back into my lane.

Well, he makes it. doesnt hit anyone, and before he enters my lane (about 5 cars in front of me) i see a little bit of....smoke and uncertainty from the car, like the accord is saying "someone help me, i'm a econobox, not a motorcycle".

But he doesnt stop at the fast lane.

He keeps going.

KABLAMMO. RIGHT into the guardrail at what i'm guessing was AT LEAST 70 mph.

Possibly the most violent thing i've seen in person. the car goes against the rail, bounces off, comes back into traffic, and bounces back into the rail.

to my surprise, everyone didnt do the "OMG IT'S AN ACCIDENT, I MUST SLAM ON MY BRAKES!!!" everyone just slowed down a bit, looked over and laughed at the idiot.

The perfect thing is that this ******* didnt ruin anyone but his own day. he didnt hit ANYONE else.

i stuck my arm out the window and waved goodbye, and needless to say he looked a little pissed.

just wanted to share.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:20 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

No pics necessary... that's probably one of the most legible accident stories... EVAR.

The guy got what he deserved.

70 mph is deffinitely violent. Some lady pulled out in front of me once. Even at 25mph the hit was pretty hard. Sadly my subaru was written off... I miss that thing. I could've had a WRX swap in there by now.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:36 PM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Geez, what an *******!

I figure it serves him right. Thank goodness he didn't suck anyone else into his accident.

Let him figure out how to explain that to his insurance company. Wanna bet that he'll blame it on the 944 driving too fast? Hope he didn't get your plate number. That could be trouble.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:44 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by eohrnberger
Wanna bet that he'll blame it on the 944 driving too fast? Hope he didn't get your plate number. That could be trouble.
I was thinking the same. If he reacted like that, he probably didn't have the brains to take down your plate #.
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:53 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

well, my plate is pretty easy to remember. i've posted pics with my car numerous times, and i wont make it any easier to find me by posting it now, lol.

pssh, he can report my *** if he wants, he crashed like, 6 cars in front of me, he can deal with his own stupidity.

admittedly, honking/pointing and laughing/waving as i passed him was probably a bit assholish........
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:01 PM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

The guy was probably pissed off at the fact that you were camped out in the left lane and probably going the same speed or less than the cars in the right lane. You drive a German automobile and in Germany they have a saying "Fahren Sie Nach rechts" in english that translates to "Drive Right" if you are not passing someone you should be in the right most lane to allow traffic travelling faster to pass in the left hand lane. Admittedly the guy should not have gotten pissed because you passed him or should he have been driving like an idiot, and I'm not trying to defend him in any way but, I think you both need to learn something from this. The drivers education in this country is laughable, I know many people who shouldn't be allowed to drive on public roads but, they have a license anyway. Oh and by the way I hope he does have your plate number and he reports you for impeding the flow of traffic. And if you were traveling at a higher rate of speed than the cars to your right I appologize but, I have a feeling you were "that guy" in the left hand lane driving the same speed as everyone else. Do you cause a lot of accidents by driving slow in the left hand lane, oris this the first one. Just kidding I know you weren't the cause of the accident but, your actions could have led to this idiot wrecking. Do us all a favor and stay out of the left hand lane unless you are passing another vehicle.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:11 PM
Uranium-235
Three Wheelin'

Uh...his initial post said he was driving 65-70, keeping up with traffic. The guy that wrecked in the Accord was the one holding up traffic in the left hand lane.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:13 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kyle Donley
You drive a German automobile and in Germany they have a saying "Fahren Sie Nach rechts" in english that translates to "Drive Right" if you are not passing someone you should be in the right most lane to allow traffic travelling faster to pass in the left hand lane. Admittedly the guy should not have gotten pissed because you passed him or should he have been driving like an idiot, and I'm not trying to defend him in any way but, I think you both need to learn something from this. The drivers education in this country is laughable, I know many people who shouldn't be allowed to drive on public roads but, they have a license anyway.
Exactly.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:18 PM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

Yep, I read that too. The guy in the Honda is the nimrod trying to make everyone else on the highway late to work. I bet he was shaving, checking his voicemail, looking for a different CD, sipping coffee, and fixing his tie while he was at it. I'm glad I no longer need to drive on the highway too or from work. Keeps the enamel on my teeth.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:24 PM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Quote: Now, i always travel in the fast lane unless it's raining, or foggy.

Quote: and all the cars are spaced out evenly.

Sounds to me like he drives in the left hand lane all the time. Assuming the speed limit is 65 and he was going 65 -70 he probably wasn't passing many cars, he was most likely just keeping up with traffic.

Quote: he gets stuck 3 or 4 cars behind me because i stayed in the same lane and traffic slowed down a bit.

Do you need any more evidence that he was not passing many people? It's not enough to just "keep up with traffic in the left hand lane". If you are not passing someone get out of the "passing lane".
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:30 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Uranium-235
Uh...his initial post said he was driving 65-70, keeping up with traffic. The guy that wrecked in the Accord was the one holding up traffic in the left hand lane.

intitially he was holding up the furthest lane, going 50, i passed and i was going faster than the other lanes. that is the purpose of the left lane. i understand that.

kyle donley- i was going faster than everyone else, i probably mis-represented the situation.

4 lanes- left, left-middle, right-middle, right, going about 80,70,65,60, respectively. i'm in the left lane going the speed of that lane and that guy is like, shaving or some **** and holding everyone up.

he goes from left to left-middle and passes, swerves in between all the lanes trying to get further ahead, eventually ends up behind me since i stay in left the entire time. he gets on my *** (both of us in left). he swerves over to the right lane, starts going 100 mph, realizes traffic in that lane is only going 60, swerves 3 lanes over back to the left lane, and hits the guard rail.

sorry if i mis-represented.

i was gonna post as a "kill" but that's going a bit too far as i had nothing to do with this moron destroying his car.

and this is the first major accident i've ever seen in person....i'm very happy about it. does that make me a bad person?

edit- checked with CHP later, and saw that the guy's like, OK or whatever and called a tow truck.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:31 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Kyle Donley
Quote: Now, i always travel in the fast lane unless it's raining, or foggy.

Quote: and all the cars are spaced out evenly.

Sounds to me like he drives in the left hand lane all the time. Assuming the speed limit is 65 and he was going 65 -70 he probably wasn't passing many cars, he was most likely just keeping up with traffic.

Quote: he gets stuck 3 or 4 cars behind me because i stayed in the same lane and traffic slowed down a bit.

Do you need any more evidence that he was not passing many people? It's not enough to just "keep up with traffic in the left hand lane". If you are not passing someone get out of the "passing lane".

dude, it's 4 lanes, in morning traffic there is no fast lane.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:37 PM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

"Fahren Sie Nach rechts"

Yah. In Germany. This is America. And he was driving an Accord. Do you really expect this guy to be frustrated because Juan was in the left lane and not passing? He was frustrated because he's an asshat and wants to always be faster, in front, and making better time than everyone else. Otherwise, he'll feel like he didn't get to point B as soon as he could have. Trust me, I was this asshat at 17 years old, and until I drove on the autobahn, I did not appreciate the concept of "Drive Right." Frankly, I wish the states would outsource all highway and motor vehicle related administration to the Germans. I know it's impossible, but I can wish.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:40 PM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

Could you imagine German-speaking policemen? Haha. I hate the sound of the german language.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:45 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Robert D
Could you imagine German-speaking policemen? Haha. I hate the sound of the german language.
!!! swear to god, even when german people are trying to be nice it sounds like they're screaming at you.

i like the sound of it, i'd like to learn to speak it, but i wouldnt like to be yelled at in it.

jeee-zus. that'd be terrible.

Quick Reply: Only Slightly OT- Idiot Slapped The Guardrail at 70+