Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:38 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Ok...

A Month, month and half ago, I walk outside my friends house at 3:30am, to find a penny glued to my driver side window. I did some revenge to possible suspects...

Now, last night, my truck gets egged 3 times within an hour and 20 mins time of being at someones house. I go to the car wash, start washing my truck, paint starts to rip off. Now, I'm beyond pissed. I mean, my trucks paint is already crappy looking, but it's the fact of the matter they egged my ride. I then go home, and get in a huge argument with my mom, and I'm pissed off all night.

Now, I have to be concerned for when I get a 944. What if the little punks decide to egg every single body panel on it? This makes me not want to get a 944 now, because I'm concerned if I'm going to have slashed tires, busted out windows ($$$$), keyed paint, kicked in doors e.t.c...e.t.c...

So, what do you guys think I should do, if I find out who did this?

(Cops is out of the question, being 15, that would not be smart to tell them I was out at a friends house, when I'm not even supposed to be driving to get the mail!)
Old 12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Tell your parents to report them to the police then. Say that they took the car to whereever....and it was egged by said kids.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

First, stop driving. Those immature enough to brag about revenge on someone, as well as driving at 15 should consider buying a ford or something as the world doesn't need another moron flying down the road in a car above their heads in terms of performance. Save a life and grow up. Just my $.02
Old 12-24-2005, 05:53 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

First off...

Tigershark...

I'm not buying the car for performance sake...

Can one younger then you, not be an enthusiast?

Secondly...

TechnoDuck...

What are the cops going to be able to do anyways?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:57 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Also...

I don't think you need to make assumptions. You don't know me. I don't know you. Therefor you cannot comment on my driving abilities, and what is and isn't to much for me. Just because I'm 15 doesn't mean I can't be a better driver then yourself.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, but theres a certain problem that you dont have a license and that also means your uninsured. And in the event you did ever get into an accident, your parents will enter a world of financial problems from being sued.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:05 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

I am insured and do have a "license"...and legal to drive to school and work. Which I do. Being that I am doing something stupid everytime I turn that key, I try to drive as safely as possible, obey all laws and speed limits. I'm not some maniac driver that tail gates, and cuts people off. I don't drive like I stole it, to sum it up. If you were to ask anyone person about my driving, they would most likely say very well mannered and always aware of my surroundings. If I was to get into an accident, it would be from someones elses fault, not my own...

Besides, people egging my car could happen when I'm 90...what does my age have to do with the question of what I should do?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

You are driving at 15. What is the age in NY? 16 or 17? Since you show no regard for the rules and regulations in place for everyone else, how can I believe you are mature enough to understand and follow the huge responsibility involved in operating a vehicle on a roadway. So far you have shown none. If you were 18 or 19 and in the same situation, that would be different, even though none of us know the circumstances that started the back and forth between you and the person you bragged revenge on. Then you asked what to do when you find out who did it? Well, then who did you perpertrate your revenge on? I'll stand by assumptions so far. Techno Duck, I agree with your second post, but lying to the police will only get his parents in hot water if they find out they are filing a false report.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

(Cops is out of the question, being 15, that would not be smart to tell them I was out at a friends house, when I'm not even supposed to be driving to get the mail!)[/QUOTE]

So what does this part of your letter mean?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:13 PM
my84-944
Racer

First of all, at 15 you have no "right" to be a better driver than anyone. Driving is a privilege not a Right. You may have heard the saying “no glove, no love”. How about no License, no driving? What you have is not a "License" but an upgraded permit at best anyway. Owning a Porsche is a privilege as well and quite frankly at 15 if you don't have a garage to park it in, in a world where your revenge and glued pennies games can cause it damage: well than I would wait till I had a garage BEFORE I buy one, if I were you. By then you will likely be more mature and have more mature acquaintances so the point would be moot.
Toodles....

PS. I would maybe listen to Tigershark a little more closely if I were you. He knows a little more than you on this subject, being a cop and all. Willingness to break the agreement in your terms of use on the "permit" show you are not ready for the responsibility of a real License anyway. Which is ok and why you need to be older to get the real thing in the first place .
Old 12-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Rock would do some destruction, but thats just mr rock...
Old 12-24-2005, 06:52 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
I did some revenge to possible suspects...
First off, stop escalating an already bad situation -- nothing positive can come out of it. Plus, what if you had vent your anger on the wrong suspects and they're now getting back at you? By taking revenge, you've sort of brought trouble to yourself -- avoid further conflicts before you guys start getting truly nasty.

Secondly, if you think you might get vandalized, that's the best time to buy car insurance -- get yourself comprehensive coverage with minimal deductions.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:33 PM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Tigershark
First, stop driving. Those immature enough to brag about revenge on someone, as well as driving at 15 should consider buying a ford or something as the world doesn't need another moron flying down the road in a car above their heads in terms of performance. Save a life and grow up. Just my $.02
I think he pretty much summed it all up with this post. Well said.

________
Pat
86 944
95 Audi 90 CS
Old 12-24-2005, 08:21 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

First off, I don't live in NY...

My844_944...

You don't if I have my own garage or not...Just because you most likely didn't growing up, doesn't mean I can't...

Atleast one person feels the same about what I should do. All you others know if you were my age, you would not forgive and forget...

Anyways, nvm that I even asked...I should have known some older men would say it's not right to get someone back.

but, it goes from pennies, to eggs to broken windows, to a stolen car.

You all know you would beat some *** if someone stole your 944, and DO NOT even tell me you wouldn't. EVEN you Mr. Cop.

Having a car stolen this past summer (sisters 97 Honda Accord), I'm not taking any **** from anyone when dealing with cars.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:36 PM
austin944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I would let it slide and try not to let it make you angry. Keep your cool and avoid getting preoccupied with revenge. A lot of people here have gotten their Porsches vandalized and know what it's like. I had my car spray-painted and felt really angry at the time, but realized that carrying that anger around didn't make me feel any better. It sounds like you already realize that revenge is going to make things worse.

Look at it this way, when you're driving that Porsche, those other guys will still be driving a POS car. So stay focused on getting the Porsche and drop the anger and the idea of revenge. It will be worth it, believe me.

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?