Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ball joints kits in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Highway T
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Getting ball joints kits in the UK

I have an '87 USA spec 944S (left hand drive obviously) which I imported into the UK.

It has a ripped ball joint cover , steering pulling to the left and 'squirms' at the front under hard breaking although it has no odd noises or thunks yet.

Obvious first thing is to rebuild the ball joints. I know a lot of people use Rennbay kits and I have sent a mail asking how much to ship to the UK.

However, I have found that "Type 911" (Here) in the UK do rebuild kits. Has anyone had experience of the Type 911 kits or can recommend them?

Cheers,

Chris
Old 12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Steve PH
Instructor

Probably the best place to try for a bit of local knowledge is the Porsche Club GB forum, you have to register but its free. Alternatively post that question in the Porsche Forum on Piston Heads.

http://www.porscheclubgbforum.com/default.asp

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?f=48&h=0
Old 12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought 2 kits from the U.S. -one from Rennbay and another from SSI. As long as they're shipped U.S. Postal Service the amount is quite nominal.

However, if they ship DHL or some other courier not only do they ream you on the shipping, but the import duties assessed by DHL are outrageous so I see what you mean.

My local neighborhood aftermarket Porsche repair shop here in Barcelona buys a lot of stuff from Type-911. They tell me they're a reliable source but I've never bought a ball joint kit from them.

One thing to keep in mind about the SSI and Rennbay kits is that they come with metal bushings as opposed to the stock plastic kind.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,
We have a few different options for ball joint rebuild kits. The full out track kit has the aluminum bronze bushings but we also have glass filled polymer bushing kits as well for street use.
We ship to the UK all the time. USPS Global Priority service is relatively inexpensive ( around $7 ) and gets a kit there in about a week.
Let me know if you need anything and I will get it out for you right away.

Travis
Old 12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Highway T
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks all.

Chris

Quick Reply: Getting ball joints kits in the UK