Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

never ending hang-ups!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy never ending hang-ups!!!!!!!!!

well here's what i have:
widefire head gasket kit
55# injectors
lindsey sport turbo
grinded crank
new bearings
lindsey chips
manual boost controller
lindsey fuel rail
steel braided fuel lines
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
lindsey BOV
lindsey Stage II MAF
Power Perfect
Pauter rods
sachs clutch kit
piston rings
and almost all new gaskets

i understand that with after market parts ur gonna have to do sum extra work but damn this car is killing me...first of all with the new turbo, the old water temp. sensor doesn't fit so i made it work by moving it out of the way a little bit. now in order to free up space and allow less interference i removed the coolant tube that runs in between the engine and radiator and replaced it with hoses. no i cqn't find a way to get the hose setup for the turbo/temp. sensor/ turbo water pump to work. with the MAF 2 it's impossible to run a hose to the bottom inlet on the resovour tank and the alternator is about 1/4" up in front of the turbo inlet making it extremely hard to mount the MAF...

i know once i get passed these 2 major hang-ups i could have the engine running in about 2 days but untill i find a way for everything to work im stuck, just like i have been for the last 3 days..

anybody have close up pictures of the MAF setup w/ no intake manifold on and pictures of how they ran all their hoses, im hanging by a thread here....
Old 11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

i just wanna drive it again...its been 6 months ......im 17 and have done all this work by myself even pulling the engine and re-installing the engine..
Old 11-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Sorry, but it's the price you have to pay when you are a DIY owner. I've went through all this myself and once you pass the half way point things will start ot look better. At the end, if you did all the work yourself, the fruits of your labour are ALWAYS sweeter!

Anyone can buy parts and take it to the mechanic. Doing all the work yourself is what sets you apart from them.

Keep your chin up and good luck!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:23 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

for the turbo temp sensor,youll need to get a lower profile one or you could get an adapter to mave it further out.this has been discussed alot on the 944 turbo forums.do a search,it helped me alot.as for the MAF,i would plug the holes and make new holes where its more convinient.contact lindsey racing since you purchased it from them.as ^^he said above the fruits of the labor is definatley worth it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:28 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The turbo water pump will still run without that sensor. It will still run for 30 seconds after you shut off the car, too. The only thing that sensor does is tell the pump if it needs to run for longer than 30 seconds (if the temp is very high).

If you want to keep it, there are ways to make it work. You bought a lot of stuff from LR, so call them and get the tech support that they OWE you.

In the meantime I will try to dig up the pictures you want, I know I have some on this computer somewhere.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:35 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

i have been waiting to hear sumone say that i don't need that sensor......tedwright u are a god, i will just keep the sensor off for winter and and buy a turbo timer

Quick Reply: never ending hang-ups!!!!!!!!!