Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything going on in metro NYC/CT/NJ area tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Uh oh, looks like the forecast for this weekend has rain showers for saturday and sunday! Yeesh, we cant catch a break can we? Perhaps this is my chance to catch up and finally get top 3!

And damn its going to be freezing and windy as hell i bet. I almost wish this one was at Nassau Collesium! Not to mention i need to wake up an extra 15 minutes earlier to get down to Tobay in time...
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

as soon as i heard the weather report i told my wife i need my fleece, my down, my turtle neck and my tee shirt because a combo of all will be used at some point.

gotta find those wool socks to go with my insulated boots.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
as soon as i heard the weather report i told my wife i need my fleece, my down, my turtle neck and my tee shirt because a combo of all will be used at some point.

gotta find those wool socks to go with my insulated boots.
Tom, Can your wife get those things for me too? I hate being cold.

Not happy about the weather at all. CAn you use race tires in the wet or am I stuck with my street tires?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jeeper31
Tom, Can your wife get those things for me too? I hate being cold.

Not happy about the weather at all. CAn you use race tires in the wet or am I stuck with my street tires?
I said I told her I need them. I need something else too. doesnt mean she gives it to me, which means she isnt going to get them for me either.

But she will call me to tell me i forgot something (like my hat), and that she will bring it to me at the BBQ
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tom R.
I said I told her I need them. I need something else too. doesnt mean she gives it to me, which means she isnt going to get them for me either.

But she will call me to tell me i forgot something (like my hat), and that she will bring it to me at the BBQ
Ahhh. All clear now.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Uh oh, looks like the forecast for this weekend has rain showers for saturday and sunday! Yeesh, we cant catch a break can we? Perhaps this is my chance to catch up and finally get top 3!

And damn its going to be freezing and windy as hell i bet. I almost wish this one was at Nassau Collesium! Not to mention i need to wake up an extra 15 minutes earlier to get down to Tobay in time...
Updated forecast seems to call for partly cloudy on saturday and rain on sunday. Maybe the wet will hold out till monday.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Vaino
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Anybody get photo's from this weekends event at Tobay Beach?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Here are a few pictures i took of this weekend. I had a great time, saturday was...miserable. Crappy times for me and crappy weather. Sunday was a blast though, a great course and in my opinion some of the best driving ive done since i started autocrossing.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v120/T...%20and%2023rd/

I assume you were in the 924S in your avatar? Its a shame i was not able to get any pictures of our run group. I am acutally thinking of asking Russel Bertels (the auto-x chair) to let me take pictures full time instead of being a cone gopher.

Tom R.'s daughter,

I believe this was the fastest car of the day, he was really ripping it up out there. 3-wheeling it through a turn,

Tom R, Dan (Jeeper31) and Robert (not a Rennlist guy, but a 944 Turbo owner)

One funny quote from the weekend...

"I feel like im about to have sex for the first time" - Dan about to go on his first run with race tires on.

And a funny moment was towards the end of the course going through that real tight slalom. I get through it about halfway and glance in my rear view mirror to see if i hit any cones. I see in the distance Tom R and the S2 in a huge spin with white smoke everywhere. I think he hit 7 of 8 cones in one particular area!

Last edited by Techno Duck; 10-24-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Vaino
Racer

Nice Shots. Yes, I was the Black 924S out there. Definately a fun event, despite the cold and rain. You guys put on a great event, good work!
Old 10-24-2005, 01:27 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Vaino
Nice Shots. Yes, I was the Black 924S out there. Definately a fun event, despite the cold and rain. You guys put on a great event, good work!
Vaino,

If i remember correctly as the results have not been posted, but I think you were in my class (P3) and came in first. Nice job. I just started autocrossing this year and am having great time. I am thinking about doing DEs next year. The zone was a lot of fun. It's nice to have so many others to comptete against.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Vaino
Racer

I haven't seen the full results either, but I was also in P3, and I had a good day. I finished with a 46.515. I'm in my second year of autocross, and enjoying every minute of it. I could have done without the rain, but it part of the adventure. The DE's will help with the "pucker" factor at courses like Sunday's, where it was flat out. Too bad the season is nearly over, now we only have a year of memories, and a long winter to work on our cars!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Very true. I have a couple of things i want to get done before the season starts up again. Brake pads and lines. Drop the rear to even out my funny looking ride height. Ball joints and dropping the front more!

Then possibly race tires or just some decent rubber!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:51 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by Vaino
I haven't seen the full results either, but I was also in P3, and I had a good day. I finished with a 46.515. I'm in my second year of autocross, and enjoying every minute of it. I could have done without the rain, but it part of the adventure. The DE's will help with the "pucker" factor at courses like Sunday's, where it was flat out. Too bad the season is nearly over, now we only have a year of memories, and a long winter to work on our cars!
My best time yesterday was a 50.7. Couldn't get it under 50. Hit a cone on each run during the afternoon so my 50.2 turned into a 52.2. Don't remember best time from saturday. Have you done any DE's?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Vaino
Racer

Just the one DE, and the assorted AXs over the past two years. Where were you hitting the cones? On the return chicane before the last slalom?
I've got to do the front brake lines, retension the belts and do some exhaust work. Should keep me busy for the winter. Maybe I'll een tackle a respay on my nose panel. It could really use a refresh.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jon, you were in front of me and knocked a cone at the end of your last run. I almost took out a corner worker. I didnt stop because i didnt think it would be good sportsmanship to get another run after i did this:

I was told by henry (who is wicked fast and came within something like 2/100s of FTD each day) where i needed to get more speed. It worked on the first half. I braked early on the back turn, gave it gas through the turn, and listening to henry in the back of my head heard, "full gas from there, your car can handle it. just keep your foot on the floor until you think you will spin if you dont spin...." I got too much speed a little too early and couldnt make it to the gate (which was four cones on each side). Instead of getting a OC i decided to kamikazee the right row of cones with the left of my car which could only be done while doing a 360. Dave told me that after the 360 I did a 180 the other way.

as I am barreling down I see the worker putting up a cone by the finish (that you knoced). I thought i got 7 cones but sadly only got 4.

Quick Reply: Anything going on in metro NYC/CT/NJ area tomorrow?