Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:07 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sam and Justin - you two need to take this outside ;-)

All I can say is that, we've all been there! I have pondered this question many a times and like you don't owe any money on the car. That in itself makes you think... man I could spend $?K on lot's of stuff (translation - home etc). To date, I'm still holding out!

I hope I can say that after another year!

Good Luck!
Cory
Old 10-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Jerad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justin, when did you put that turbo decal on the fender? looks very nice.

Chris, don't worry, those of us that are selling will still have a Porsche. (well, atleast a couple of us even if it isn't turbo'ed)
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

that's a beautiful car, but there are more important things in life than a great looking 951. too bad i didn't realize that the first time around.

good luck with the sale, hope you get asking price!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Judson951
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jerad
Justin, when did you put that turbo decal on the fender? looks very nice.

Chris, don't worry, those of us that are selling will still have a Porsche. (well, atleast a couple of us even if it isn't turbo'ed)
I ended up puting it on about 2 months ago. I am very hapy how it turned out. If you want to see any other pictures just let me kno., See ya, Justin
Old 10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
nize
Banned

if i had enough money, i would buy up all of these fine 951's, garage them away, and put them back on the market at $50k per.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Will you trade for a 1992 Toyota 4-Runner + cash?

Zach
Old 10-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Will you trade for a 1992 Toyota 4-Runner + cash?

Zach
Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Judson951
Drifting

Thanks for the offer but I would like to have cash. If anything changes I will let you know. Thanks, Justin
Old 10-18-2005, 03:15 PM
ronin-1
Advanced

selling her will get you off, but you'll hate yourself in the morning
Old 10-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Judson951
Drifting

Originally Posted by ronin-1
selling her will get you off, but you'll hate yourself in the morning
Thanks for the lesson...
Old 10-19-2005, 12:45 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

I've got to say something, and it may **** off a few folks... Sorry in advance...

IF you live with your folks...
or
IF you RENT a house....

You probably don't belong in a Porsche. (at least one worth 5k +)

Here's the thing. In life, you need to earn, take care of yourself, provide the necessities. Once you do that, you can afford the extras (the Porsches, the toys, etc). First you need to put a roof over your head, food on the table and clothe your family. Priorities. I only say this here because I think maybe Judson is getting his priorities straightened out. I see a lot of kids who live in Mom's basement, got a Civic, and dump 5 grand in the car, when they should be putting a down payment on a house and drive a beater. Suckling off the folk's teat is no way to go through life.
Hidden in this thread I expose a beef I've got with a handful of listers. PRIORITIES. Yea, ya got a Porsche, but do you own any LAND to park it on?
IF your drive a low end car, and IF you don't dump tons of $$ into it, I understand and accept your decision to drive a cheap Porsche vs.a cheap Honda, no problem. But when you spend a lot of $$$$ on a wild *** toy and pay to borrow a roof to park it under, your priorities are askew.

Sorry, thanks for the vent, may we now resume a thread already in progress..
Old 10-19-2005, 01:05 AM
ronin-1
Advanced

jud, you have an incredibly beautiful car. you've done many mods that I have contemplated myself over the last few years. it's good to see your car as a near perfect example of what I wanted to do. (splitter, door handles, mirrors, S2 wing) I've already installed the splitter, yet I wasn't convinced of the mirrors and door handles. I'm starting to have second thoughts...

personally, I can't get enough of the 951, as for me the car has a near-perfect shape. I've had mine for eleven years, and every time I contemplate possibly parting with it, I remind myself how much I'd miss being able to simply look at that beautiful shape, much less driving it. it's obvious that you put a lot of time, effort, and heart into your car. something tells me that you'd be giving up more than you'd bargained for

oh, and I can make those seats like new again
Old 10-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan, I agree with you, in Justin's case. He's getting married, and he will have many new financial priorities tied to that, if he doesn't already.
But I live with my dad, and I drive a 944, because it's my hobby, and I love it. I don't forsee buying land anytime in the near future, nor do I forsee getting married, because I don't feel like it yet, and therefore I do not prioritize those things. I realize I'm very lucky right now, and I'm making decent money to pay down some school debts, and to enjoy my car, and my youth.
The way I see it, life's too short to waste any time, and if you want to sell your car to improve your life, or keep your car to improve your life, you gotta do what suits you best.

My two cents.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Judson951
Drifting

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
I've got to say something, and it may **** off a few folks... Sorry in advance...

IF you live with your folks...
or
IF you RENT a house....

You probably don't belong in a Porsche. (at least one worth 5k +)

Here's the thing. In life, you need to earn, take care of yourself, provide the necessities. Once you do that, you can afford the extras (the Porsches, the toys, etc). First you need to put a roof over your head, food on the table and clothe your family. Priorities. I only say this here because I think maybe Judson is getting his priorities straightened out. I see a lot of kids who live in Mom's basement, got a Civic, and dump 5 grand in the car, when they should be putting a down payment on a house and drive a beater. Suckling off the folk's teat is no way to go through life.
Hidden in this thread I expose a beef I've got with a handful of listers. PRIORITIES. Yea, ya got a Porsche, but do you own any LAND to park it on?
IF your drive a low end car, and IF you don't dump tons of $$ into it, I understand and accept your decision to drive a cheap Porsche vs.a cheap Honda, no problem. But when you spend a lot of $$$$ on a wild *** toy and pay to borrow a roof to park it under, your priorities are askew.

Sorry, thanks for the vent, may we now resume a thread already in progress..

Hell yes man. I completely agree with you. One of my friends put like 15 grand into this civc while living with his mom and dad. I just could not fathom doing this. I have a house with a 1000 dollar a month house payment ( to own not rent) and a truck payment and other bills adding up to over 2200 a month going out. When you are the only income in the house alot tends to rest on your shoulders. I have a lovely fiance and two great boxer dogs that I have to take care of also. Selling a car that I don't really need for daily driving to get extra money to pay bills seems to be a pretty good idea to me, but some may still not agree with me. -Judson-
Old 10-19-2005, 01:27 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I will never agree with you about anything.

Quick Reply: Car for sale.