Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone know about renegadehybrids??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 11:31 PM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Machtig Turbo
I noticed that they posted my picture on their site and follow Rennlist for bashing material, I guess that spins their wheels... very mature for a 51 year old eh?
I wondered if they were doing something like that. I think I will stop dissing my car in case it gives them something to tee off on.

Appreciate your comments and efforts 944SuperCar.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:32 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
Wait !!!!! Is that ........ nah could'nt be

Sorry about your car lart951
Looks like him, lol.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:15 AM
speedracing944
Advanced

Hey unsigned!! I have a new project car in my garage since the last time you were out for our private belt tensioning party. I purchased a burnt 87 944S from a guy in Bloomington. The car had an engine fire and burnt up the wiring harness and everything plastic under the hood. The car is now getting prepared for a LT-1 or LS-1 swap. I have the motor pulled and now I am working on painting the engine bay. I am going to build the car over winter and when spring hits I will be a happy fella.

I have an 83 944 that i love. I love the sound of the motor spinning to 6400 RPM and the balance in the corners. The 87S came along at the right time (sorry it had to burn though) and after riding in a 948 and driving it at 944 fest I was sold. Thanks for the ride and drive!!!! SOOO much power. Remember that I am building this car for my wife. So her car will be twice as fast as mine. But I still love my 83. Check out www.560sec.com/gallery/speedracing944 for pics of my project.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:04 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my first experience ever against a V8 powered 944 at Ruapuna last weekend... it was a home made job, not a kit. Here is the low down, I totaly killed it. as the brake booster was gone, and maybe because of the weight difference between the cars, he had to pull up a long time before me. I could go deeper into the corner and more easily hit the apex. So I really outbreaked it. As for speed, It was not even close, and I dont even have my LSD in yet. I could pull away on the straight which is not a fast one, top speeds are only 220kph, but put at least 6 car lengths on it. So in terms of power it was way off. It also seemed to understeer a bit, which surprised me a bit. So it handled crap for a front engined rear drive, power was less than a even lightly modded 944 turbo, and braking was frankly terrible. Could he have spent another 20k and improve those major flaws? Probably. The sad fact is the car was running fine before the project was undertaken. I am actually pro conversions and quite like V8's, i.e. 1UZ is a nice one in many conversions around here... and the Monaro CV8 is very nice... but pointless conversions that take you backwards... I am not into those. And it was proven on the track. If that makes me a "Hybrid" hater, so be it. The guy that I raced local was actually a real nice guy... so tey are not all like those guys on that 560 forum.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:12 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like its news over there that I changed my name on here... must be a very exciting place to hang out! Just make sure you love what they do or they will post your full name, email address, location and a picture of you and get people to attack you.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:49 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Machtig Turbo
Looks like its news over there that I changed my name on here... must be a very exciting place to hang out! Just make sure you love what they do or they will post your full name, email address, location and a picture of you and get people to attack you.
, that old man has all the symptoms of an abused child.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:57 AM
unsigned
Racer

Originally Posted by speedracing944
Hey unsigned!! I have a new project car in my garage since the last time you were out for our private belt tensioning party. I purchased a burnt 87 944S from a guy in Bloomington. The car had an engine fire and burnt up the wiring harness and everything plastic under the hood. The car is now getting prepared for a LT-1 or LS-1 swap. I have the motor pulled and now I am working on painting the engine bay. I am going to build the car over winter and when spring hits I will be a happy fella.

I have an 83 944 that i love. I love the sound of the motor spinning to 6400 RPM and the balance in the corners. The 87S came along at the right time (sorry it had to burn though) and after riding in a 948 and driving it at 944 fest I was sold. Thanks for the ride and drive!!!! SOOO much power. Remember that I am building this car for my wife. So her car will be twice as fast as mine. But I still love my 83. Check out www.560sec.com/gallery/speedracing944 for pics of my project.

Hey speedy I've thought about you a couple of times the past few weeks. I'd seen your thread about the burnt over on pelican right after you got the car. Its a shame that I didn't know you were going to do an LXX swap. A friend of mine had a good LS1 from a 2K Camaro. 40K miles, ran like a champ. It was to be pulled to install a built small block. He wanted $1500 for it because he was looking to move it. I passed and it was sold.

Anyway, I've done a few things to my car since you saw it. Still won't hang with you in the corners...
Old 10-01-2005, 06:35 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Now Andrew, Machtig, NZ, whatever, I don't think you are as inflammatory as you used to be, and most of the guys over there don't have the extreme distain for you anymore that you think they do. That picture and commentary was from a long time back.

I personally think you have calmed down quite a bit and are not a bad guy at all, so please don't think I have been slamming you in the recent past. In regards to my "booblist" comment that you dredged up, I did not coin that phrase and merely repeated it there once or twice in conversation, not recently. I don't think it is fair to take things out of context, one could do the same thing with your past commentary on many different occasions and continue to slam you, but I don't think that is fair either (remember, you signed up there on the Hybrid BBS a long time ago just to fight with them and got banned).

You do add a lot to this forum and have quite a bit of knowlege about almost every facet of the 951 series, from bodywork to mechanical enhancements. If someone were to judge you solely on your past flamings and OT political tirades, they could say similar things about you that you have said about those over on the Hybrids BBS. Come on, how many people here on Renn have been banned 4-5 (or is it 6?) times? Do you think that happened because you have been an angel in the past?

I think some of those guys got a bit of a chip on their shoulder when you started calling them "knuckledraggers" and got into a heated battle with one or two of them here and on the Pelican BBS. I remember that one guy on Pelican threatened you with bodily harm (he lived in NZ), but that was just wrong and if you remember I was the one that reported his comments to Z-man and told him he was totally outta line. I don't think he was a fine example of the Hybrid guys, at least not the way he acted to you that day. Most of them are just not that way.

I apologize for any commentary that I have made in the past, frankly at the time it was justified (IMHO) but now it isn't anymore. Unfortunately things we put in print on these internet forums stays here for long afterwards. I'm certain there are things that you have written/done here on Renn that you would not like dragged out and touted as being an example of how you are today. As far as I am concerned there is no conflict between you and I. I know that a few others there/here may not care for you much, but that is up to them/you to make peace.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It just kills me that some people have the "purist" elitist attitude of this "Porsche" complex of a factory bastardized car that no one other than us considers a "real porsche". We have Audi transmissions, Nippondenso A/C units, VW electrical, mechanical, and suspension components, and many other "foreign" parts I can't think of on top of my head. I believe its a pathetic attempt for some people to feel "special" because of the badge. What if the 944 were made by Hyundai? Would you love it just as much and be as much of a "purist"?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:34 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, I have seen enough.

Thread closed.

Quick Reply: anyone know about renegadehybrids??