Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 DME removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005 | 05:17 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Default S2 DME removal

okay so I have a Performance chip on the way for the S2 and now I need to figure out how to get the DME out. I looked at the car tonight and it looks like the DME sits up behind the glove box, is this correct? and if I am right how do I remove the glove box? I can see some screws that looks like it hold the glove box in place, do I just unsrcew those to get to the DME and remove it? or is there more to it then that? it can't really be that easy to remove the DME is it?

Brandon
Old 09-18-2005 | 03:59 PM
aribop
Race Car

Passenger side floor board where it angles up to the dash. Peel back the carpet and you will see a wooden panel held in by four phillips head screws. Remove the screws and the panel. Now you will see a metal frame held in by two screws on the bottom and two big plastic plug things with slots in the top. Unscrew the tops with a flathead and the two bottoms with phillips. Pull back the frame and you will see the DME attached. Make sure you disconnet the battery ground. Unplug the DME harness and unscreww the DME form the metal frame. Now comes the fun part.
check here: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4...sche/chip.html

Quick Reply: S2 DME removal