Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: early seats!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:36 AM
elzergone
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile WTB: early seats!

Well I thought I could take ibkevin's seats from him, but he kindly talked me out of it

Basically I'm in need of some decent seats. They dont have to be perfect, just comfortable and halfway decent looking. The drivers seat in my newly acquired 84 is so bad that I went through the pain of putting the PASSENGER seat there! (and ruined my windshield in the process...but thats another story )

So if anyone who's not too far away has a pair, or even one manual seat for an early car they could be persuaded to sell to me, please let me know!

Otherwise I'm considering buying a cheap 'racing' seat from some rice website or ebay or something. Anyways. Thanks everyone. You have already been so helpful for me, and I'm sure I'll be relying on you for plenty of help in the near future... (a lifter or injector is ticking...and occaisionally there is mysterious water under the car that seems to come from nowhere, and I have to tackle cleaning the grounds to get my tach working again...) Anyways, thanks to everyone in the most helpful place on the web.

-Seb
Old 09-17-2005, 10:03 AM
tomrc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm probably not close enough to you, but I may be selling my front seats soon. They're in great condition black vinyl with the linen Porsche insert in purple/black. They're manual not sport seats. I have a set of race seats I want to put in as soon as I get the mounting brackets for them.

If you want them make me a reasonable offer. I'll take pictures if you're interested also.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:57 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe shipping by busline would make it economical, my zip is 91932.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Geo
Race Director

James Weaver (aka goingboeing737) has a nice pair for sale. Send him a PM.

He's a flight attendant so I'm sure he can get them shipped to you for a good rate (they get discounts IIRC).
Old 09-17-2005, 03:23 PM
elzergone
Pro

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Maybe shipping by busline would make it economical, my zip is 91932.
Well I know greyhound package express is pretty cheap... what are we talking here, about 70lbs...? 40" or so high in a box? I'm just not sure quite how they work...

Quick Reply: WTB: early seats!