Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get gas now

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
944TTwin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gas actually went down by my house was 3.51 for premium now 3.19
Old 09-05-2005, 07:36 PM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Some of the foundless angst has left the retail channel by now. Just watch. One year after all of this is cleaned up, repaired and rebuilt, we'll still be paying $3/gal or more.

The oil industry is the only industry that I know of where raw manterial price goes up at the same time as profits increasing from last year to this year by 35% - 50%.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabbath
Well how about propane? I saw some posts on that, same guy doing that supercharger kit seems to favor propane as a cheap fuel source. Plus its octane rating of 110-120, sounds real good. I checked the net and from what I read you can loose some gas mileage, but most people state they get better mileage and more power given the ability to run boost or high compression.....

I hate pay 3.10 a gallon for gas.
Tempted are you???

I'm not seeking to pi55 in your cofee but while this looks good on paper (there are taxies out there that run on propane) there are alot of "issues" with using propane in our cars. The key one that comes to mind is the increased cost of
repairs that will develope from the afore mentioned "issues", this will quickly overshadow any savings that you would gain in switching to the cheaper propane. In the mid 80s Canada gave large incentives to businesses that would convert there fleet of vehicles to propane. At the begining, of the cost of converting and the savings were evident but by the end of a 3 year cycle the cost of repairing vehicles that were not designed for running propane were also evident. Basically the internal operating temperatures are cooler for an engine using propane than that of one running pump gas and this causes excessive wear on engine components as the engine was designed to run at a different operating temperature. There are some cars that can be successfully converted such as Chevrolet Impala and some MiniVans that seem to be OK with the conversions but some cars were definitely not ment to be converted.

Propane and natural gas prices will be going up as well before winter rolls around.

I will get off the soap box now!

Last edited by Mark Lue; 09-06-2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
flamingeye
Instructor

Cheap solution for the UK market.
Petrol Direct
Old 09-14-2005, 01:49 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by flamingeye
Cheap solution for the UK market.
Petrol Direct
Too bad that website is not realy. It's a hoax.

From the website.

We do not actually hold any trademarks. This is a parody site, not an actual trading corporation and as such any similarities in names and trademarks are covered by "fair use" provisions of intellectual property laws.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

"GOING THRU THE ROOF" where have u been ? Its doubled in price in 12 months, oil companies are seeing the most profit, EVER. How about insurance, how about realestate taxes, don't forget health insurance/care, have u bought a steak lately ?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Rip It
"GOING THRU THE ROOF" where have u been ? Its doubled in price in 12 months, oil companies are seeing the most profit, EVER. How about insurance, how about realestate taxes, don't forget health insurance/care, have u bought a steak lately ?
I'll buy that!

The oil industry is the only industry that I know of where an increase in cost of raw materials has the effect of vastly increasing the corporations profits, to the tune of 35% to 50% increase over last year (sounds more like loan sharking to me!). It's also the only industry where the less they make, the greater their profits. All the pro-big business and pro-oil talking heads are squawking that the supply and demand curves need to set the prices, well it's pretty apparent to me that the oil industry and the oil corporations are already working outside of the supply and demand curve.

Couple these facts with the fact that the oil corporations have not built a new, more efficient, refinery since 1968, it's no wonder that these corporations are as rich as they are, have the attitude that they do, and say and behave the way they do, all the while gouging their customers like there is no tomorrow.

On O'Reilly's web site he has a poll, "Are the oil companies gouging the consumers?", and last I heard it stands at 89% yes, and 11% no. Seems like the oil companies have a huge PR headache on their hands, or perhaps they always did, and we didn't know it.

Last edited by eohrnberger; 09-14-2005 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Get gas now