Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My latest mod. . . pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 420WHP944
bleucamaro.......it looks great.......nice job!!!!!!!!!!! the club sport wheel is a great mod for the 944.......much nicer feel and more precise response when driving.....

heres a pic of mine....the story behind my wheel ( as told to me by the previous owner ) is that it was fitted to the very first 968 press car porsche sent to the UK....it was sent to AFN who were the first porsche car importers in the UK back in the fifties......anyway......one of the press members when test driving the car for his mag review ended up coming to an abrupt halt when he lost control and hit a tree!!!!! needless to say the 968 was wrecked but andrew sweetenham whom i bought my car from got a hold of the specially made clubsport wheel with the AFN emblem mounted in the centre where the porsche logo would have been......see pic below......

Post more picts!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:20 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
I guess I was the only one distracted by the cool fab job on the CF!
Make me one with some fall-off
Nice wheel though.
oddly enough, its what the thread was about, I guess I wasn't all that clear. How come you's guys don't have fitment issues like I did?

As far as an adapter, mine came with the hub bolted to the wheel as a single piece. again, the plastic trim piece wouldn't fit, so I had nothing there for a few months.

I'm going to try to get a CNC program made to either cut the part out of aluminum so I have a template for a router, or a program for our machinist to cut them out. Mine was cut by hand, and is pretty rough around the edges, and I'm glad the rubber shroud and wheel covers up the ugliness
Old 08-26-2005, 12:26 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool that they fixed the "crooked crest" problem that plagued the CS steering wheel! Mine had it, and every other one I've seen has it--except yours!

Nice!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:44 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ok......heres another pic of the wheel....its a cose up shot taken from the gt purely porsche mag feature on my car........you can see the AFN logo much better in this pic....
Old 08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
oddly enough, its what the thread was about, I guess I wasn't all that clear. How come you's guys don't have fitment issues like I did?

As far as an adapter, mine came with the hub bolted to the wheel as a single piece. again, the plastic trim piece wouldn't fit, so I had nothing there for a few months.

I'm going to try to get a CNC program made to either cut the part out of aluminum so I have a template for a router, or a program for our machinist to cut them out. Mine was cut by hand, and is pretty rough around the edges, and I'm glad the rubber shroud and wheel covers up the ugliness
Scan it at 300dpi on a flat-bed scanner and I will make you a template that you can use for CAD/CNC.(it will be a vector dxf I think)
Old 08-26-2005, 01:07 PM
420WHP944
Pro

ok....my wheel was fitted by the previous owner so i dont know if he had fitting issues....heres another pic that shows the fit.......sorry its not too clear but its all i have to show of it at this location.....
Old 08-26-2005, 01:31 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

ok....my wheel was fitted by the previous owner so i dont know if he had fitting issues....heres another pic that shows the fit.......sorry its not too clear but its all i have to show of it at this location.....
What is this?

Any scanned versions of the full article?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:04 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those wheels look very nice in the pictures but I don't think they look good at all in person. Just my opinion though.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:14 PM
420WHP944
Pro

testarossa........that little circle with the slot is an anti theft/alarm device.......it has a number of metal tracks inside the slot that is activated by a "key" with similar corresponding tracks on it. when i want to start my car i first need to put the anti theft key in that slot and listen for 3 bleeps........only then can i start the car with the ignition key.......my old 83 n/a had one and most 944's i know of in ireland have them fitted........i dont think it came from the factory like that though.......
Old 08-26-2005, 06:17 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

testarossa........that little circle with the slot is an anti theft/alarm device.......it has a number of metal tracks inside the slot that is activated by a "key" with similar corresponding tracks on it. when i want to start my car i first need to put the anti theft key in that slot and listen for 3 bleeps........only then can i start the car with the ignition key.......my old 83 n/a had one and most 944's i know of in ireland have them fitted........i dont think it came from the factory like that though.......
Thanks for the information.
I have never heard of such a device..I like it. Any pictures of the key, or information on who sells them?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:22 PM
420WHP944
Pro

testarossa......i dont have pics of the key because my car is in ireland and im currently in florida.....i can get a buddy to take some pics and send them to me and i'll get more info on that anti theft device for you also.......
Old 08-27-2005, 12:41 AM
420WHP944
Pro

ok......im stupid here?! its actually a porsche option.....i was trying to recall what was written on it and remembered it was genuine porsche!!!!! ( i have been here in the usa for the last 9 months and had nearly forgotten what was on my own car keys!!!!!!..................i'm surprised then that you guys have not seen that anti theft/alarm system before??????
Old 08-27-2005, 02:16 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
Scan it at 300dpi on a flat-bed scanner and I will make you a template that you can use for CAD/CNC.(it will be a vector dxf I think)

DOH!!! why didn't I think of that. I should use the factory piece for the nice edges, but the holes won't be in focus. I suppose that I could just measure the holes on it and add that to the autoCAD dwg. I've used that technique before on a jewelry box I made for my girlie.

Good tip, thanks for the rememberness factor
Old 08-27-2005, 02:23 AM
ZV
Racer

ok......im stupid here?! its actually a porsche option.....i was trying to recall what was written on it and remembered it was genuine porsche!!!!! ( i have been here in the usa for the last 9 months and had nearly forgotten what was on my own car keys!!!!!!..................i'm surprised then that you guys have not seen that anti theft/alarm system before??????
US cars got one with a lock cylinder on the driver's side rear fender. A separate normal key is used to turn the lock cylinder to arm/disarm the alarm.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:26 AM
ZV
Racer

Originally Posted by AndyK
Very cool that they fixed the "crooked crest" problem that plagued the CS steering wheel! Mine had it, and every other one I've seen has it--except yours!

Nice!
I'm pretty sure that mine's not crooked either. I usually notice things like that pretty quickly. I'll put up a pic sometime this weekend.

Quick Reply: My latest mod. . . pics