Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Typical porsche owner...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:02 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens with all sorts of people in all sorts of communities and with all sorts of cultures...The funny thing is that this A-hole is one of those people who drive the car for the BADGE, clearly...Now, I am NOT, I repeat NOT talking any sort of **** about 944s/924s/951s [I want to get one soon as a matter of fact], but if you are the kind of guy who likes to bust ***** and look like the big man on campus, why the hell are you talking all sorts of **** about your [to quote an earlier poster] "poor man's Porsche"?

I have been around this board for a while and you guys seem like very down to Earth, knowledgeable, and nice guys, and honestly I think that at least 99% of you here drive your car for the love of driving, the love of the marque, the experience of German Engineering, and the pride of knowing that you are driving the pinnacle of German sports cars, NOT so that you can plonk your Pcar key on the bar and pick up ***** or make fake friends.

Obviously, this guy has completely missed the point and should be in some sort of ricemobile--"Hey, check out the TURBO badge on the back, that means my car kicks your car's ***!"

I wouldn't worry about it at all--there are guys who drive Hondas who act like this, and just recently, there was some dickbagg A-hole at one of our Atlanta mountain drives in an F355. Some Fat, 40 year old, greasy **** who was sitting there sleeping in his car with the windows down. I went up to him, complimented him on his car, he opened one eye and was like "uhhh, yeah thanks. It's rough staying out at the bars until 3AM and waking up the next day for a drive"

We went out on the run, he never chatted with any of us [there were 4 other Fcars there by the way], and didn't even go on the drive with us, just went home. Come to find out that my friend [who also has a 355 and is NOT a dick and WAS on the run with us] saw the guy bashing all of us on ferrarichat the next day whining about "I felt like I rained on a Porsche party" [no ****, a rennlist group organized the event but didn't exlude you] and "they wanted to socialize, not get there and haul ***" and "if they had REAL sports cars, they would have wanted to drive them like us Ferrari guys".

Effing ******** if you ask me, and I'm sure the only way that guy gets any amount of ***** is by introducing himself as "the fat worthless **** who drives the red Ferrari parked in front of the main entrance, where I paid the valet to put it".....anyways, sorry for the rant, but I just laugh people like that off. I know why I love/drive/bought my Porsche, you know why you bought yours, and we can all have fun and laugh at the insecure ****** who feel the need to use their possessions to make themselves more important in the world.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

Vento it's guys like the one you just described that get themselves killed on these drives. For instance there was a drive about a year ago where a guy wrecked his 348 TB on a canyon run. He caught some gravel around a turn coming out of it with a bad line and put the car into a ditch. Total freak accident. Ironically this guy was bashing some of the other cars that came with them like the Infiniti G35s, BMW M3s and a 928 that came along. Well....that ruined his weekend.

He'll get what's coming to him. Until then, I think I'll stay the way I am and compliment any and every owner of a car that joins my backroad drives. Drive carefully everyone.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Spider
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When some Douche pulls that **** with me, I just smile, and politely say" **** you very much".

Quick Reply: Typical porsche owner...