Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Car was keyed today. What is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:25 PM
kinda5150
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had the same thing happen when i was living in GA for awhile, couple of huge scratches and a 300% increase in door dings. it wasn't like it was perfect to begin with, so i didn't see what the need was for it. hadn't been there long enough to **** anyone off either! people just see the name and think you're a dick, that's all there is to it. sucks, but that's life.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

I don't know who I hate more, thieves or vandals. When I was in college, my roomate brought is mint '66 chevelle up for a couple weeks. It was a car he built from scratch, and it was there maybe a week and some punks broke both the mirrors off the doors. People like that **** ME OFF!
Old 08-10-2005, 05:47 PM
schumi
Instructor

I vote for vandals being worse. at least with thieves, there is some purpose to what they do. aside from someone hitting my car with an egg one halloween (which took 10 seconds to clean off), I haven't had car vandalized but I have had my wife's car stolen (recovered with bunch of stuff missing and thousands in damage), and someone broke into my car and stole amp, stereo, friend's radar detector, and -- dramatic pause -- my charlotte hornets basketball that I got on sale for $5.

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
I don't know who I hate more, thieves or vandals. When I was in college, my roomate brought is mint '66 chevelle up for a couple weeks. It was a car he built from scratch, and it was there maybe a week and some punks broke both the mirrors off the doors. People like that **** ME OFF!
Old 08-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Sam I am
or Sam O
Rennlist Member

Vandals because it is a blatant sign of ignorance and disrespect when a vehicle is vandalized. At least thieves know the value of something when they steal it rather than destroy it.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:57 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Much needed movie quote:

Originally Posted by Lance & Vincent
Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ****ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be ****ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ****er!
Vincent: What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

Quick Reply: OT: Car was keyed today. What is wrong with people?