Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Anti-Ricer's Post with Videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

Mavfan it's interesting that using your exhaust bypass valve killed the power in your car that much. Ironically 944s that ran in the IROC series back in the day ran straight through pipes all the way out the back. the distance the exhaust travels through the pipes has something to do with maintaining a sufficient amount of back pressure to keep power at a certain RPM range. I haven't really fiddled with exhausts much on 944s compared to others, but I've ran a straight through muffler with cat and noticed no power loss, but got a sufficient amount of noise that I was desiring out of it. These cars are interesting to toy with. Yet, at the same time we see that that when Porsche engineered the car, they made sure it was as close to optimum power as possible
Old 08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake 944CS
ok my mistake. but why? all cars have different drivetrain power losses. that doesn't make sense. oh well. but at any rate, it being a dry system and not a wet system makes a big difference.
Wet and Dry setups don't make diffrent amounts of power. The only diffrence is how the extra fuel needed is added to the engine. Also I don't know why they rate them at RWHP I just know thats the standard when it comes to Nitrous setups. You can read more about it at N0S website or NX or Zex they all rate at the wheel.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:23 PM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is not to hear about you whine about the neons, i just wanted to show the car in action with the different things i had done personally to help the hp gain of the car. i enjoy working on my car, lets leave it to that with no more bs about the neons. thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
Wet and Dry setups don't make diffrent amounts of power. The only diffrence is how the extra fuel needed is added to the engine. Also I don't know why they rate them at RWHP I just know thats the standard when it comes to Nitrous setups. You can read more about it at N0S website or NX or Zex they all rate at the wheel.

oops my mistake. i did not mean difference between wet or dry. i meant to say difference between direct port and what he was running.

btw mavfan. keep working on your car. doing a great job so far.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

For anyone who remembers this thread and the controversy over the neon and what not, you have now won out. a few days ago one of my neon tubes shattered...lol and now none of the undercar neons work! so you guys win, i'm not spending the time and money putting it back togeather! damn those windy curvy sexy country roads!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yay! death to the neons!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Glau
4th Gear

I followed your ex-ricer saga closely over the summer as a fellow STL Porsche owner. Your 924 losing the neons makes both me and my 968 cab proud. I have tried to resist doing mods to my stock beast but some really nice 968 mods have come out (been dynoed) this summer that are tempting me. I know if I start making mods it will get addictive and be hard to stop. Plus, it makes little sense to do them as I rarely take full advantage of its current performance capabilities anyway. Although, I am interested in doing my first DE event out at Gateway possibly next spring/summer if I can get a new rollbar that has just been developed by another 968 owner.

I am hoping I have time to head down to Renntreffen on Saturday but that is still up in the air. Anyway if you see a white 968 cab motoring around STL county that would be me.

Below is a pic of my 968 the day I got it.

Glau

Old 09-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool, another STL porsche owner! I will keep my eye out for you too. Are you going to Gateway to check out the PCA event there on the weekend of the first of October? I went in the spring and it was fun to walk around checking out all the local Porsches.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:33 AM
eohrnberger
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mavfan
. . . . . damn those windy curvy sexy country roads!
Ahh yes! I see that you've discovered where Porsche's excel.

Let me tell you; A good drag strip run might be 10 or 15 seconds of adrenalin. A 20 minute Drivers Ed session, is 20 minutes of adrenalin!

(I'd rather have the extended version, thanks).

Quick Reply: The Anti-Ricer's Post with Videos