Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*July* 944 Variant Race Car Of The Month

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I'd like to see more of TD in DC's car.

If you really are interested in mine, I can provide some pix. Sadly, not much happened for a year since I was unemployed for 9 months last year. A lot is starting to happen again. We were supposed to drop the drivetrain last weekend, but last minute things caused a reschedule for August. I'm now even considering TOTALLY stripping it and having it dipped before putting things back together. If I do that I may even build a rotissarie. I'm not sure yet though.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:06 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

George,

I think that there are a few that wanna see TD in DC's car, must be worth seeing if not driving.

I think that knowing some of the details of what it takes to build an SCCA spec car would be interesting. What are some of the important rules and specs as they are applied to the 944, 951 and 968 series cars. What cars race in the class? What are you considering doing to your car to get it to be competative with some of those cars. Just some thoughts.

I really liked Macfreak007's idea and I think with help from people like you we can make it interesting.

I will likely post this over in the racing forum as well and see if people wanna contribute cars and info on them for the threads.

Thanks again for your help and offer George.

Michael

Last edited by michaelathome; 07-28-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:14 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea. What about Mike Buck's car?

If you want this stickied, just let me know!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:41 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Ted, thanks!!!

I am not sure why this didn't work out the first time. Who is Mike Buck? See? We don't know one another well enough. I know I am a dork but it gives people an oppertunity to share their cars and thoughts. I think that if people were aware that we were trying to highlight a pair of cars every month they would be willing to help out. Sure your car may be a winner or a looser, my '83 would fit in the latter catagory, but I think that they would help and offer some insight... I have tried to get hold of someone on the 944cup site and I am waiting for a response.

Maybe we can make this work second time around.

Michael
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here are some pics of Mike's car that I just found around the forums. You would have to contact him, though. His user name is "Mike Buck"

Old 07-28-2005, 04:42 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

So here is what I think that he general format should look like.

For the street or daily car,
- Engine modifications or changes if any.
- Engine, miles and maint schedule.
- Interior changes if any, stereo, seats, steering wheel or whatever. Color changes. Linen to black or vise versa?
- Exterior changes, changes in color, replaced valences, wheels, tires, mav be even a trim delete?.
- Photos if possible?
- Suspension changes if any? Coil-overs, stock, changes in sways and or bushings.

What problems or benifits have you run into with the changes if any?

*Whatever you have done to get to where you are share? My idea is if you wanna share vendors names which is different than products, take that outside the board, it works or doesn't work and why you made the change/s, details can explain a LOT..

For racing/street or high performance 944/951 or 968's, Spec 944 series, 944Cup series, or SCCA.

Local groups or PCA, DE or AutoX cars show us your stuff?
- Engine modifications or changes if any.
- Engine, miles and maint schedule.
- Interior changes if any, what did you choose to delete or keep and why?
- Changes in seats and belts?
- Change in steering wheel and why? Give us the details.
- Exterior changes and why? Was it bugging you or did it help?
- Photos if possible?
- Suspension changes if any? Coil-overs, stock, changes in sways, bushings, spacers, or even wheel changes?

These are just some thoughts I had. Please feel free to share what you want to. Just trying to work on a format.

I wanna make this work out for all of us!!

Michael
Old 07-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Geo
Race Director

Michael,

I'd be happy to do a few progress reports now that things are moving again. Probably not just yet. I also have one thing to get resolved before I know exactly what direction I'm going on something (purposefully vauge at the moment). But at a few critical junctures I could probably lend some interesting stuff.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

I've recently been down the long and torturous path of turning a stock street 951 into a F Class PCA club racer.

I'd be happy to share my experiences, pictures and mistakes I've made along along the way. As well, I'd like to hear from other 944 series owners who have done the same. I think this is a great idea.

Chip
Old 07-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Macfreak007
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chip, I think I saw your car at 944fest, It is AMAZING!!
Michael, should definately consider his car as one for the race cars... soon as possible.

Also, under Race car of the month, format wise..

Make sure not to forget the 924, and 924s, there are some amazing 924s racecars that I have seen before.
Also another idea is to ask about race history, as in, how ong it has been a race car and how well you have done in events.

Overall I think that with both of these cars, we MUST have pictures to make them interesting enough, I think that if the owner cannot give any pictures then we should probably not run that car. I understand that there are some amazing cars that may not have picures, but the pictures really help make the thread more interesting.

Michael you are doing great, thanks for taking this over, oh and possibly anoher idea, maybe you should make it a quarterly thing. 12 months in a year means 24 cars a year, This makes it alot of work to compile all of this info very quickly, as well as running out of viable options quickly. We need to try to search for the truley outstanding cars, the ones that people will be shocked to see.

Thanks again
Old 07-28-2005, 12:52 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 66 Posts

Do I get to nominate myself, then?

More pics...
http://www.vaughanscott.com/Race%20Photos.htm

EDIT: Forgot the most important one!

Last edited by 924RACR; 07-28-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Great Vaughan I guess you are in too!!

OK so for the racers we could have:

- Joe P's 944
- Mike Buck's 951
- Eric in Chicago's S2
- Chip Hendersons '86 951
- Vaughan Scott's 924

Cars are in line:
- George Roffe's 944

How about for street cars? Who's willing to start us off. I can think of at least a dozen people that love sharing about their cars. Here's a great oppertunity to be in the spotlight.

I really liked Carls initial thread so once again trying to stick with it would be great!! Good time to edit this. Carl, I was not trying to take your idea away and I kinda feel like I have for some reason..

Michael

Last edited by michaelathome; 07-28-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:51 PM
michaelathome
Race Car

Can any of you help contribute to the post?

Antonioali
Tifo
Chris
Wes
Rock
Andy
Dan K
Dan P
Nick
Clowd
Jake
Ken

The list could go on for a long time! Just looking to get things rolling again as we only have a few days before August.

Here's a pic of my car.. Work in progress.

Stig, wanna see your CS but you need to find a GF sooner than you need to send pics! JK..

Michael
Old 07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

You want pics? Here you go: http://www.tnettravel.com/eric/cal944/ .

What's on it? I don't really know, never seen the car in person yet since I'm still working out the pick up time.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:37 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

I could post pics and details of Ratdog, but it would just make people want to puke. Perhaps it could serve as an example of what _not_ to do <G>.
Alan
Old 07-29-2005, 02:15 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Bum-pit-ty bump!

Still need some stock or close to stock, 924's, 944N/A's, 951's or 968's

Danny has offered info on what might be #1 Callaway as a 944 of the month. Aeshultz has mentioned that he might have an example as well. Most Rennlisters should know that my car is a POS (Previous Owners Solutions) right now but I am working on it.

Please post if you are interested in offering up some details on your 944 or variant

Michael

Quick Reply: *July* 944 Variant Race Car Of The Month