Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper frame rails slightly pushed in

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
bostonaudi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper frame rails slightly pushed in

My car was involved in a front end collision some years ago, and repaired. The accident damaged the front bumper, collapsed the bumper shocks and damaged the left fender. The body shop replaced all these things, but the frame rails got pushed in slightly in the usual places (right under the power steering resevoir). The car still aligns fine, as the damage was ahead of the suspension. I think Porsche designed the frame rails to push in a bit exactly where they did. The result of this is the right side headlight really can't be aligned all that well anymore with the fender and hood. The car is all together now but I always notice this and basically want it fixed.

Does anyone know if the frame rails can be pulled out again by a frame repair shop? Mine are probably pushed in 2-3 mm. I've seen a website (oz951) where he cut out the front and re-welded a whole new section in, is this what's required?

thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps you should take it to a body shop and ask . . . . ?

Quick Reply: Front bumper frame rails slightly pushed in