Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Scott M.
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people just get bad doses of Ritalin I guess...

When people follow too closely , I use my sunroof as a penny launcher. They seem to back way off after a few coins bounce off their windshileds. Reminds me of one particular bonehead in DC beltway traffic. Dam*, I must have tossed $4 in change at his mangy **** before he got the message.

When driving, give no crap-take no crap.

Scott
Old 07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

All these amazing engineers on this site and nobody has created a Bond-esque style junk dropper from the spare tire well in the back.

Flip a switch and whatever you have loaded comes tumbling out.
Plenty of room back there even with a spare....
Old 07-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Weekend project. Consider it done.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:01 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

This won't drop the spare, but it will create quite a smokescreen
http://www.smokingairplanes.com/SMOK...IFICATIONS.htm

BTW, I hate when people can't look more than 10ft. in front of themselves. Traffic is slowing for a REASON. . . usually the reason is people that cut each other off
Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Weekend project. Consider it done.
For a real slim line mount. You could just use a cheap plastic coin holder, load it with slugs and the best part is when you dump them they are right in line and will start to roll and hop. Headlights and radiators beware.....some may even bounce higher.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:50 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ErichCS
There are some strange people put there, gald to hear nobody was hurt in this case. Just remember to be careful when dealing with these people as you never know how they might respond when confronted. Personally, i have a dual purpose 5 D-Cell battery Maglight in my car.
My steering wheel lock has convieniently placed hooks that turn it into a handy baton !
Oops! didn't see theedge post! Great minds think alike!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 PM
88black944
Advanced

hmmm, the bondesque junk dropper sounds like a great idea, ill have to look into that one...
Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For an out-of-control road rage escalation that ends badly, check this one out...

A taxi driver in Sydney gets cut off by a 20yo in a WRX. The _passenger_ in the front seat of the taxi flips the bird at the WRX driver. Down the road, the WRX driver stops, forcing the taxi to stop. The WRX driver gets out and starts smashing windows on the taxi. The taxi driver gets out of the taxi, kills the guy by stabbing him three times with a screwdriver in the head.

The taxi driver is now before the courts charged with murder. His plea is self-defence. (Legally speaking, not a chance.) Provocation may be taken as mitigating evidence, but that doesn't constitute a defence in itself. He's going to go to jail for a considerable time.

Makes you think. I'm sure he didn't start the day thinking he was going to kill a road-rager.

-Mark
Old 07-14-2005, 04:56 AM
m21sniper
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About a year ago i passed some jackass in an F-250 on US 1 north, and it set him into a rage(for whatever reason, maybe his ex left him for a guy with a Porsche).

For the next 2 or 3 miles he tailgated me honking and screaming at every light. I finally made a quick lane change at South Hampton rd right before a light and he sideswiped the fender of the car behind me trying to cut into the lane i just switched into.

He gets out of the car screaming at the poor lady he hit how he was really trying to hit me cause i cut him off, and wtf was she doing getting in his way. I couldn't believe it.

I just shot him the finger as i drove off when the light turned green, laughing my *** off. If there is any justice in the world i hope the cops locked him up when they showed up.

I'm licensed to carry firearms and had a loaded custom 9mm S&W in a small of the back holster on my person the whole time.

The idiot never even knew how bad it coulda ended had he resorted to violence.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:02 AM
m21sniper
Banned

"The taxi driver is now before the courts charged with murder. His plea is self-defence. (Legally speaking, not a chance.) Provocation may be taken as mitigating evidence, but that doesn't constitute a defence in itself. He's going to go to jail for a considerable time."

Depends on the jurisdiction. In the US in most locales the legal qualifier for justifiable homocide is "A reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily harm".

Smashing the D/S window with a baseball bat or tire iron while the driver is seated in the drivers seat may reach that threshold, it depends on the rest of the circumstances, and the exact local laws(ie if there is a must retreat clause).
Old 07-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m21sniper
"The taxi driver is now before the courts charged with murder. His plea is self-defence. (Legally speaking, not a chance.) Provocation may be taken as mitigating evidence, but that doesn't constitute a defence in itself. He's going to go to jail for a considerable time."

Depends on the jurisdiction. In the US in most locales the legal qualifier for justifiable homocide is "A reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily harm".

Smashing the D/S window with a baseball bat or tire iron while the driver is seated in the drivers seat may reach that threshold, it depends on the rest of the circumstances, and the exact local laws(ie if there is a must retreat clause).
Self-defence as a defence to homicide is difficult because the courts will generally take the very conservative view that the force used to defend yourself must be proportional to the risk. So. basically, if you kill someone in an altercation you have to be able to prove it was necessary to kill the other guy in order to save your own life. Usually difficult to prove.

So, careful with the gun and road ragers! Maybe just shoot them in the leg, or something...

-Mark
Old 07-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO if someone blocks the road, comes up to my car and starts bashing the **** out of it, WHILE I"M IN IT, that is putting MY LIFE in direct danger, and constitutes the use of deadly force to stop it.

If anyone sees otherwise, it is a travesty, because then your only other option is to let the guy go ahead and possibly kill you, because you are too afriad of what might happen to you in court if you kill him first.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
IMO if someone blocks the road, comes up to my car and starts bashing the **** out of it, WHILE I"M IN IT, that is putting MY LIFE in direct danger, and constitutes the use of deadly force to stop it.

If anyone sees otherwise, it is a travesty, because then your only other option is to let the guy go ahead and possibly kill you, because you are too afriad of what might happen to you in court if you kill him first.
Hey Rich, you're not the first person to discover that the law and justice (or even commonsense) are two very different things...

-Mark
Old 07-14-2005, 05:54 AM
m21sniper
Banned

"IMO if someone blocks the road, comes up to my car and starts bashing the **** out of it, WHILE I"M IN IT, that is putting MY LIFE in direct danger, and constitutes the use of deadly force to stop it."

In most jurisdictions in the US the law would agree with you, and it's very hard to find a jury of 12 citizens that would actually convict you provided you have a good attorney and your story is at least reasonably feasible.

But going to trial for murder even if acquited will likely cost you everything you own. Defense lawyers are not cheap.

"Hey Rich, you're not the first person to discover that the law and justice (or even commonsense) are two very different things..."

That's sadly true far more often than it should be, but the US has pretty good self defense laws in most jurisdictions. There are exceptions though, and some places still require you to retreat before resorting to lethal force unless you're in your home.

You can just hear the DA saying, "Why didn't you put it into reverse and drive away?"

A very reasonable question in a jurisdiction that requires retreat, and one that's likely to put you in jail for a very long time.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:08 AM
944na_whorhay
Track Day

I used to work as an armed guard in Columbus Ohio. There were a couple times I wonedered if I was going to actually have to use my weapon on my way to or from instead of at work.

Quick Reply: Road Rage