Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Road Rage

Anyone else ever come across ******** on the road?

Yesterday I was driving down a backroad (not fast) with a friend of mine who is on leave from the Navy and hasn't seen my car. We were about 1/2 mile into the road when a e30 3 series pulls off to the side of the road. This is a small road so I had to go slow around him and as I'm doing it this guy screams "WANNA START SOMETHING MOTHERF**KER" and I just went by him ignoring it. I drive to the end of the road and guess what. It ends in a Cul-de-sac. I turn around and start heading up the road (which is VERY curvy w/ lots of deer) and around a bend this guy turns FULLY into my lane and I left the road to avoid hitting him..then the rear end kicked out and I almost lost it came within INCHES of a tree! I just got out of there..only to find that he filed a complaint saying I tried to run him off the road. Found this out from my dad (hes a trooper in the barracks where the complaint was taken.) He told me that in road rage situations, its usually the aggressor that files the complaint to cover his ***.

Anyway, I'm over it now..but how can people be SO dumb and dangerous?!? Risk 2 cars...personal harm...all that for no reason.

Anyone else encounter this?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear this.. were you tailgating him or something? I don't understand ,there mustve been some reason for him to get out of the car when you went around him, or for him to pull over in teh first place.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:19 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man... that's unreal. The anonymity afforded by being in a car sure brings out the worst in people. But now that he's filed a complaint, doesn't this mean you now know where he lives? Not that I want to suggest getting back at him by signing him up for gay **** mags or something....
Old 07-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear. More proof that only stupid people are breeding. . .
Old 07-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a chick pull out into an intersection, get out of her van and flip me off. I swear to God I never did figure out what her problem was. Freaking bizarre. Hey, I'll admit I can be an aggressive driver, but on that day I hadn't done jack ****. Nothing at all. Seriously, I went over my route in detail trying to figure out what I'd done to the crazy psycho biatch, but it had been a very serene drive up to that point.

At least you had a passenger/witness if something had happened.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:25 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Devon- I wasn't tailgating him (until I can get my brakes @ 100%..they are at ~60% now) I drive the car very easily and keep good distance from everyone...dont want to rear end someone! The guy was early 20s and wearing a full John Deere outfit. Maybe jealous he is driving a ****box when a younger kid isn't? Dunno...

Joe- I sure do know where he lives..I'm trying to think of a nice way to get back without escalating whatever situation might exist (we live in a small town..not hard to find out who did what or who someone is )

Oh well..1st time its happened..hopefully the last. ...

BUT- one good thing about owning an older car: You can keep tools in it and have a good exuse if asked. Like my breaker bar. Trick Mom taught me if someone ever tried anything . When she was younger living in Bronxville someone tried pulling her out of her car and she beat him down with a breaker bar!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:28 PM
faithless
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH A 944??!?!??!

jk

Thats retarded, if you didnt actually hit him or cause him to drive off the road, I dont see any reason why the heck to file that complaint. I've seen much worse driving, people passing on double yellow around hairpin bends UPhill, empty concrete trucks massing 5 cars UP a hill totally blind, and forcing oncoming cars to drive off the road at full speed. I've seen idiots swerve into the next lane so fast that they almost lose control....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some strange people put there, gald to hear nobody was hurt in this case. Just remember to be careful when dealing with these people as you never know how they might respond when confronted. Personally, i have a dual purpose 5 D-Cell battery Maglight in my car.

Later!
Erich
Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like getting revenge on road ragers/tailgaters whenever I can. I was once cruising on the highway when some moron started riding my *** for no reason. Traffic was clear, so he could have changed lanes and passed me but he didnt. I even gave him a chance, I punched it up to 100MPH or so (remember, no traffic at this point) and then slowed to cruising speed. He came back up to my *** again (took him a while too!). So I stayed put and let him make a fool of himself.

My revenge came a few min later. We had caught up to slower traffic, and there was a big rig in the right lane. I started slowly passing the rig, with the tailgater behind me on my *** and traffic behind him. I pulled next to the rig itself and stayed there for a good 15 or 20 mins. Guess where the lowered ricer was left hanging? Thats right, next to the rear wheels of the tractor. He couldnt fall back because of traffic behind him (IIRC it was another rig) and couldnt pull forward since I was speed matching the rig. At first he had this pissed off look on his face... It slowly faded away and he kept glancing at the tires with a nervous/worried look. I sat there watching him in my rear view, almost pissing myself with laughter everytime the rig swerved slightly from wind and curves and he jerked his car around in response.

Finally my exit was coming up, so I again punched it and changed lanes. For the last few minutes to my exit, he stayed FAR back from me and didnt do anything.

I got to combine my two favorite forms of revenge on road going morons. Speed matching, and a show of a superior car. Usually me leaving them in the dust makes a lot of morons think twice, and once they (eventually) catch up they behave themselves and accept the fact that I wont move over into slower traffic so they can pass and start tailgating the next guy a ways in front of me.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ErichCS
There are some strange people put there, gald to hear nobody was hurt in this case. Just remember to be careful when dealing with these people as you never know how they might respond when confronted. Personally, i have a dual purpose 5 D-Cell battery Maglight in my car.

Later!
Erich
I have a big yellow Club in my car (as in the steering wheel lock). Came close to using it once too, two years ago or three years. A guy who was tailgating me and honking, flipping me off, and waving at me to move over... In packed rush hour traffic with solid cars to my right... And a large camper in front of me! Most road ragers/etc dont have much sense or logic.

Later on down the road he cut in front of me, slammed on his brakes, got OUT of his car, and came up to my window and screamed his head off at me. Ya buddy, sorry I didnt change lanes into a pickup truck for you! So you could move up a Nissan Sentra length to tail gate a huge RV!

Old 07-13-2005, 06:36 PM
dme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by theedge
I like getting revenge on road ragers/tailgaters whenever I can. I was once cruising on the highway when some moron started riding my *** for no reason. Traffic was clear, so he could have changed lanes and passed me but he didnt..
Were you cruising in the left lane?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:48 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

No shortage of Nutjobs in this world and bright shiny cars only distract them from the foil hats they were wearing....and I am not saying anything about bad drivers that make up the majority!

You are very lucky. I have been witness to some serious dysfunction. It has nothing to do with anything. There are plenty of people with chemical imbalances and it does not take anything to set them down that path.
Though I do think summer helps

Of course in Texas you can carry a concealed handgun with proper licensing.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone pisses me off playing chicken in my lane while I am in a car, they are going to hit head on. I have encountered countless a$$holes on my bike looking at me as they changed lanes into mine while I was in it. I understand why people get shot in Ca. If I had a holster on the side of my bike, there be dead people.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:11 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Those people are dumb. I think if some everclear(ethanol) wer to accidentaly slip into histank, his fuel injection system might become angry....Or some toher alternative. I am yet to use such a device. No one has made me that mad yet....
Sorry about the ordeal. STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL
Old 07-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No doubt. Idiots doing "warp speed" lane changes (usually on the cell phone - and usually driving SUVs) for no reason really **** me off. Last guy to try that while I was next to him on my bike got his door kicked HARD while I swerved over. Might've even left a dent that's how hard I kicked it. At least it got his attention and I didn't get hit.

Quick Reply: Road Rage