Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need one of these, mine dried up...(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 02:24 AM
flat12boxer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need one of these, mine dried up...(PICS)

The infamous automatic haha...Well, I was gonna try hide food or leather restorer, but the stitching is a little weak, and the square oval shape has shrunk from heat and aging into more of a circle so it pops out of place everytime I shift. So if anyone has a black one or knows where I can get one that is in very good condition please drop a line, I am guessing this is a pricey dealer item...It comes off with two screws on either side, I took it off and put it back on for pics...this is prob a tough one as I have a feeling not many rennlisters follow the automatic persuasion, at least not in their Porsches - Mike
Attached Images   
Old 07-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

http://www.aglausa.com/p/home.html

Click Porsche and scroll about 3/4 to the bottom for the automatic boot. Excellent quality.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Perry. I actually saw this on someone else's site, and apparently mine is the TA version, but I have the late version (86-90) that also incorporates the shift boot. They only come in black. I have definitely considered this as an option and if I can't find one from a parts car or rennlist member (I'd rather give a member the business) etc., I think this is the route I will go. So if you have one, or know of one (with the boot) post, pm, or e-mail me. I have already sent messages to some parts people I know and made a few phone calls to some other places and they are checking but I believe they have mostly 5spd's. Someone on rennlist has to have an auto just laying around but anyways Perry what exactly did you use them for? And you say they are excellent quality, I take your word for it. Has anyone else who is a bit of a cosmetic freak like me had any similar work done (recently)? Were you happy? I'd love to just leave it alone because it is an all original car, but it is really junky looking and dried out (as I am sure the pics above show). My steering wheel could use help too, or maybe just a horn pad, but I am going to try some household remedies first on both. Does anyone think hide food or leather restorer is worth a try on the boot, or is it a waste of time and money? - Mike
Old 07-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been using the leather restorer from Griots Garage... it works excellent. My car has been in storage (again) for about a year. The seats seem to dry out faster than the rest, so I lube them up about once every 6 months. The stuff is pretty greasy and takes about a week to soak in, but works great.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd just give some leather treatment a try first, except it looks like the seam is separating a little so it won't be perfect. The other thing I just wnated to note is you said getting a new horn pad... keep in mind to make sure you get one with the same model number ont he back of teh horn pad, as there are 3 different horns that look about the same.

Quick Reply: I need one of these, mine dried up...(PICS)