Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Michigan - NW Ohio Porsche Posse to 944 fest

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts
Default SE Michigan - NW Ohio Porsche Posse to 944 fest

OK - it's time to start planning our Porsche Posse to 944fest. I spent a couple of hours looking for the less travelled roads south of Toledo to get us to the fest (my navigator would be proud).

Anyway, those in Michigan wishing to meet up with us should plan on meeting somewhere near the Michigan/ Ohio border about 9:00 AM. Exact exit off I-75 or I-275 can be negotiated.

Current plan (once in Ohio) calls for taking I-280 south to (SR?) 420 to US-20 to US-23 south (N. Fostoria Rd.). Then on to Strington Rd. (east) to N CR-5 (south) to Tiffin-Fostoria Rd (east SR-18) into US-224 (south of Tiffin). Then southeast on Melmore St. (SR-100) then east on US-30 just north of Bucyrus. Then south on SR-602 to east on Crestline Rd to a right on Middletown Rd. Then another right onto Twp Hwy 48 which joins SR-97 just east of Galion. Then onto SR-314/97 east through Lexington - "shortcut" on Castor Rd to pickup 97 again. Then left onto Twp Hwy 323 (or Coding Limit Line) proceed under I-71 where it seems to change to Vanderbuilt Rd. Continue generally NNE to a left on CR-341 (German Church Rd) then to a right on Possum Run Rd. Fest is on the right at Snow Trails Ski Lodge (3100 Possum Run Rd, Mansfield, OH 44903)

So - I guess I'd like to open this up to any in the area who would like to join up. I know Brian (SCA037) and Tony K expessed interest. Let's work out the pick-up points and times. Also anyone who sees flaws with the previously listed route - please indicate problem spots and possible alternatives.

Last edited by Scott at Team Harco; 06-27-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:42 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, I would join the "Posse" but it looks like i'm heading that way friday night to help setup n stuff.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Wes - are you staying on-site Friday? It seemed that Dan was not keen on that idea (some trivial business about not having it reserved). I'd prefer to come down Friday myself - and assist with setup as needed. The only way that is feasible is if we can camp there Friday night as well as Saturday. If we can't stay there on Friday - we'll just catch up with all of you on Saturday.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:33 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, im leaving friday morning and staying in canton until saturday morning (visiting grandparents)
Old 06-27-2005, 05:10 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Wes - are you staying on-site Friday? It seemed that Dan was not keen on that idea (some trivial business about not having it reserved). I'd prefer to come down Friday myself - and assist with setup as needed. The only way that is feasible is if we can camp there Friday night as well as Saturday. If we can't stay there on Friday - we'll just catch up with all of you on Saturday.

I plan on finding a hotel for friday night.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I will be coming across IN and OH on I-80. Any chance of you guys dropping down and meeting us along that route? Cory (GOBOGIE) should be posting up his caravan anytime now and I'll be with him.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Anyway, those in Michigan wishing to meet up with us should plan on meeting somewhere near the Michigan/ Ohio border about 9:00 AM. Exact exit off I-75 or I-275 can be negotiated.

Current plan (once in Ohio) calls for taking I-280 south to . . .
Scott, et al.,

Again, I offer my dwelling place as a meeting point. I actually live right where you describe -- below the MI/OH border, right off of I-75 and just above I-280.

I am right off of Summit St. (exit 2--the last exit in MI on I-75) and get on the freeway just below Alexis Rd (1st exit in OH, last exit before I-280). Perfect stop for MI people coming down, and not out of the way for anyone who lives north of I-80. Plenty of parking and good scenery, too.

For people coming in on I-80 (turnpike) in Ohio to head south on I-75, perhaps we could have another pickup point on 23 or near Bowling Green?

my email is racing_nut_1@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch off-list

Cheers,

Tony
Old 06-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Tony - that sounds like a plan. What time should we plan to depart your place? 9:30 ish? We should be able to get the MI folks to meet up there.

Michelle - see if the route you are planning crosses "our" path. We should be able to extrapolate (or would it be interpolate?) a time where the two groups can meet along the way.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 AM
sca037
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony - that sounds like a plan. What time should we plan to depart your place? 9:30 ish? We should be able to get the MI folks to meet up there.
Michelle - see if the route you are planning crosses "our" path. We should be able to extrapolate (or would it be interpolate?) a time where the two groups can meet along the way.
That sounds like a great plan, so let's nail down a meeting time at Tony's place (I hear Vaughan already knows how to get there now ;-) and make it so.

Thanks guys,
Brian
Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 AM
fossil_fuel
Instructor

I would love to join you folks but alas the 933 remains on jack stands and I refuse to drive the Ram down there.

Have fun... but not too much fun
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fossil_fuel
I would love to join you folks but alas the 933 remains on jack stands and I refuse to drive the Ram down there.

Have fun... but not too much fun
Mark - What? You've got two weeks! How much more time do you need?

Brian - I think we should shoot for 9:00 to 9:15 at Tony's and be ready to get back on the road by about 9:30. Anybody think we should shift that time, one way or the other?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Default OFFICIAL TIME AND PLACE FOR DETROIT/SE MICH. DRIVERS

Hi everyone,

9:30 sounds good for a departure time, again, open to change if another time works better.

Feel free to show up 9-ish or even earlier.

The address is 2325 Shoreland Ave., Toledo, Ohio 43611

Directions from I-75/275 are as follows:

- take I-75 South to Summit Street. This is the last exit in MI
- the exit will dump you onto southbound Summit St.
- Cross the MI/OH line, soon there is a Kroger on left, plumbing supply on right, other businesses
- You come to a light, Shoreland Ave. Turn right on Shoreland. Ottawa River will be on your left side once you make this turn.
- Obey speed limit, you are in speed-trap Washington Twp.
- Pass TOLEDO sign on right, next block you will see brown brick colored apartments on right, "Riviera Apartments". Turn into parking lot, see Porsches.
- I'm in #217.

Directions for people who are closer to 23 or I-475:

- Take 23 into Toledo suburbs and go East on I-475
- I-475 ends into I-75. Go North on I-75
- Pass Jeep factory on right
- Pass Jeep factory on left and I-280 signs
- Next exit after I-280 is Ottawa River Rd.
- Exit Ottawa River Rd, turn left at the light.
- Cross bridge, turn right on Shoreland (Citgo Station on corner)
- River is on your right. Riviera Apartments are about 1/2 mile on left.
- Turn into parking lot, see Porsches. I'm in 2325 #217

my email is racing_nut_1@yahoo.com

If you want my phone number, email me or get it from Vaughan

Cheers,

Tony
Old 06-28-2005, 11:15 AM
fossil_fuel
Instructor

Mark - What? You've got two weeks! How much more time do you need?
Scott - I might be lucky and have it painted in 2 weeks if I get more time than I have right now for it. It is a shell right now with the rebuilt powerplant on a stand waiting for the chassis to be done.

Add to that static headlight conversion kit (my own custom set up), a completely new custom wiring harness, custom dash, and all the trimmings and you have a car that might be ready for a fall event, like the whitewater rafting trip I am planning for Oct. at the Gaully River in WV<---which all listers will be invited to.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:57 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 66 Posts

After meeting w/ Tony last night to get interior bits, I'm sincerely hoping to be able to swing this trip - both time and transportation.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm living in SW Michigan for the summer and am planning on making it (would be my 1st 944Fest), so hope you wouldn't mind if I planned on meeting up with you guys.

Bill

Quick Reply: SE Michigan - NW Ohio Porsche Posse to 944 fest