Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Michigan - NW Ohio Porsche Posse to 944 fest

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
sca037
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Dan - none in our group are staying overnight on Friday. We are leaving Saturday morning and meeting in Toledo between 9:00 and 9:30. See early posts for the game plan.

Brian - rather than renting a tow dolly - you can use my trailer. Let me know if that will work better for you. And by the way - no peeps allowed in our posse.
Dan,

I just called (Thursday morning) the place right next door to the 944FEST (SPRUCE HILL INN) and they are booked solid for Sat./Sun. but still have vacancies for Friday if that will help you.

Scott,

I don't wanna pull our car on a trailer since the combined load would exceed how much weight I'm comfortable with without electric brakes (no electronic controller on the van and our tilt bed aluminum race trailer has surge brakes but is only rated for 2200lbs )
The dolly looks like the best compromise, but I really appreciate your (and Vaughan's) offer!

Cheers,
Brian
Old 07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I-280 INFO

Copied from the other MW/Great Lakes thread:

Scott, et al.,

The closure of I-280 is only at front street, and basically they make you get off the freeway and get back on across the street. It does not take more than a minute or two. As a trade-off, there are some nice twisties weaving in and out the bridge pillars, and the area south of there is pretty much empty - no cars and no troopers . . . .

Staying on I-75 adds about 10+ minutes.

Cheers,

Tony

To add: Either route is good. No need to fear taking 280, particularly on a Saturday morning. The portion that goes through the bridge piers under construction has two lanes lined with a concrete wall on either side, and twists in and out like a slalom between the piers. It is a whole lotta fun . . . (both hands on the wheel!!) I drive it almost daily.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Haha, yeah 280 is fun how the have it right now. When I last did the detour, you actually exited, drove one way, drove back the other way, then got back on the on ramp, all within about 100 yards of where you exited. It was just to avoid having cars drive under the latest sections of concrete they're securing above.

But I agree, the detour doesn't take much time and there's barely any traffic since the signs make it sound like its just CLOSED.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DanG
... When I last did the detour, you actually exited, drove one way, drove back the other way, then got back on the on ramp, all within about 100 yards of where you exited...
Yep, that's it - exit, turn left, cross freeway, turn left, cross back, turn left again to get back on Southbound! I found that one can just as easily exit, go down the street a few hundred feet and turn around or make a U-turn and come back - one left turn instead of three . . .

Quick Reply: SE Michigan - NW Ohio Porsche Posse to 944 fest