Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your dumb Previous Owner...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 04:38 PM
1987na
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my grey car, the PO (at least one of them) EXPOXIED THE SUNROOF DRAIN HOLES SHUT! I am lucky the sunroof's seals were good, otherwise my car would have been flooded out! Also, someone put in a manual 1983 sunroof in place of the original factory one, and my car only came with the driver's side floormat and rear floormat, not the pass. side or rear seat floormat! Also someone let it sit open with the sunroof out, ruining the full leather seats (seams are blown out and chunks of the seat bottom foam is missing, you can see the linen lining underneath!) I swear there needs to be a "Porsche Owner IQ/Caring Test" before someone is allowed to own a Porsche!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey hey i put a manual sunroof in place of my power roof... does that make me a bad PO-to-be?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:38 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Man oh man...tons of crap..don't want to go over it.

Thankfully, the silver porsche wasnt nearly as bad as my last Conquest/Starions. Holy crap those were one ghetto fix after another...

New one has some tacky stuff (TORNADO in the intake for example) but seems very very nice overall
Old 07-22-2006, 07:52 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

oh man...lemme think.
interior:
-installed a nice headunit, untill it popped out on the way home after buyin it and I found a soldering iron behind it (i have no idea how it was crammed back there with the whole chord and everything)
-I pulled about 20 yards of home sterio wire, he decided that instead of running it along the tranny tunnel to get to the back (I guess the car had subs at one point) that it would be better to run it up the A-pillar and through the roof.
-he gorilla glued the hinge on the center console. it ripped off the second time i opened it.
-i found a sack with about a gram of weed in the passenger side cubby in the hatch area
-never covered the windsheild or parked it in the shade so now my dash has about 8 nice cracks in it.
-apparently the PO was super human and drove around with no A/C all the time in the texas summer.
- god only knows what exploded in the glove box *cringe*
exterior:
-wrecked the front passenger side corner
-he didn't believe in washing the car and waxing was just out of the question
- ****ty blue bubble tint on passenger window
- hood and driver side headlight have uneaven gaps
- he decided that my front bumber would look better if it was a different shade of white then the rest of the car
engine:
- actually...im not even gonna begin to list all the things wrong in there, you get the point.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Cra$h
Instructor

I don't know if anyone has posted this one yet, and maybe it doesn't count since they were actually from a car I picked over in the junkyard.

I bought two door windows.

Tinted.

Nicely.

On

the

outside.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove it hard at Watkins Glen and the H2O pump went.

Oh, wait, that was me.

Previous owner meticulously maintained my car. I am thankful of that - that's why I can run my car hard at racetracks...

-Z.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my brother messed up by giving up on the car right when he got it sorted out, when it became mine.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:42 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

This will PWN ALL YOUR PO stories...
do a carfax on
WP0AA 0948K N4509 31
1st PO was an airforce captian (or something...high ranking anyway), had the car shipped to SOUTH KOREA at the govt's expense, then had it shipped back 2 years later...
2nd PO took great care of the car, it had been garaged for about 5 years.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:11 AM
ZPmadA
Racer

Jeff - Are you talking about your current turbo or the one that burned? Your current turbo seems niiiiiiiiiiice

My car and dumb previous owners? I haven’t found anything that bothers me after owning it the past two years... well I guess it would have been nice if they installed elephant racing bushings on the torsion bar instead of weiltmeister bushings... but im not complaining!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

The PO of my car was driving it around with bent/severely worn tires in the rear. The vibration started at around 50mph, and was HORRIBLE! I asked him about it, and he said "I don't know, I thought it would fix itself eventually." I honestly believe I saved my cars life. He was an idiot! The car cooled down while we were talking to the guy over lunch. He got in it, and the oil pressure was still high, and the temp was still cold, and the first thing he did was get on it hard...he wanted to "feel the rush one last time"...I almost punched him...

-Darwin
Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 AM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by yieldsign2
OK, well, I bet I may have everyone beat.. But this is about all the previous owners as I don't know who did what.

-- PUT EARLY ENGINE IN LATE 944
-- With that engine, they put a VW air mass sensor, which it took me 8 months to figure otu that was the throttle position problem...
-- NO AIR FILTER !!! And stupid ME, i didn't check the air filter until after a couple weeks of driving....
-- Smoked in the car
-- hack job stereo
-- All power mirror wires are cut,
-- Ghetto shift boot was on when I got it
-- Front doors, ignition, and rear hatch all have different keys.
-- I have to open the hood with pliers to pull the broken cable..
-- Tried to glue the console lid on..
-- "lost speedometer sender" in the tranny, "on the way bringing it to me"
-- REAR ENDED THE CAR ON THE WAY TO BRING IT TO ME!!! His wife rear ended it coming off an exit ramp while following him to my house,,, "supposedly"
-- All it did was pop in the rear bumper on one side, popped it out before i bought it and it was fine.
-- Someone DRILLED through the rear bumperettes and bumper corners and put some farmish looking bolts and screws , etc through to hold it all on...
-- painted rubberettes
-- Put 3 different types of tires on the car (only 2 match)
-- Velcro'd the gas flap on that broke off...

Trying to think of more...

-- Early hood on late car, so it rubs on windshield wipers..
-- Duct taped radiator hose..
-- Mixed and matched early and late engine parts (late ac compressor only held on with one mount because it is not the correct bracket on early car, half my pulleys are late, half are early, who knows when or what was done as far as timing belt)
-- Seat covers put over completely CHEWED OUT seats as in, i can feel bars on my ***...
-- got in an accident that i ddint know about due to passenger door being white on the inside
-- Crappy paint job that has red speckle overspray or else its some kind of red speckle ricer metallic crap...
-- Some kind of haunted house of mirrors mirror put in my passenger side mirror with glue.... makes things look pretty warped..
-- Beat on the transmission at redlights I think, blew transmission 8 months after buying and I didn't drive it like that..
-- Front sway bar was tied on with twine on one side...
-- Brake calipers and rotor hubs painted yellow, which is mostly fallen off..
-- Whoever put in the engine, put hose clamps on the lines above teh cam cover on the fuel lines, so they ended up dripping on my engine, i'm lucky I caught that and that i didn't explode that day...

BTW, i bought this car on ebay. I checked the sellers auctions a few months later, and she was suspended from selling her used "juicy" underwear...

That's all I can think of right now.. I bet more will come to mind..

Yes, I got hosed....
why would you buy this "said" car?!??!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
If your car's PO was an idiot, what does it say about the current owner?

I prefer to buy my P-cars from people who know how to maintain them, and have the receipts to prove it...

-Mark
It says that someone was brave enough to try and save another example of the cars that we love and enjoy, and that is the basis for the forum. (not rennlist, but the 924/44/68 forum.

-Darwin
Old 01-05-2007, 04:49 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Old thread...oh well. My PO failed to mention rusted thorugh battery tray, boost problem, crappy catback, and passenger side lights non op.

But basicly everyother part of the car is new/rebuilt
Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 AM
GeneralTso
Instructor

The oil drain plug was barely finger-tight. I'm glad I changed the oil the same day I took it home!

Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well since my last post on here ive swapped cars so that qualifies me for a second rant!

PO swore up and down the car had never been wrecked- which i could tell by the photos he sent me that it had panel alignment problems- but he insisted it hadnt been wrecked. I get to VA and the nose doesnt line up right, the fender has been replaced, the ps front wheel has been replaceds, ps a-arm has been replaced, ps quarter panel has been repaired. I start the car and hear a familiar moan from the ps pump which is bone dry- it may have a leak he says. Both sets of window switches are hanging from the door panels as the clips are all broken. Steering wheel looks like a mongoose got ahold of it. Taillights and door handles have been replaced (??) and there is no sealer around the taillights to keep water out- GENIOUS!!! All in all, i knew the car was fixable and the price was right so i took it. Really i didnt mind the things wrong with the car, but the guy swore up and down that the car was immaculate, never wrecked and everything worked- yeah right- the drivers window went up when you press down, mirrors didnt work, a/c was dead, ps didnt work, fog light out, broken sunroof retractor arm....etc etc etc.. He told me he had it painted because the paint was faded out - and the reason the ps front wheel was different was because the car wash had sprayed some kind of acid on it...i guess it also melted off the valve stem retainer that the other wheels have on them huh? ANd i LOVED the cool car phone system mounted on the drivers side right where your knee goes. that was sweet!

Rant off.

Last edited by xsboost90; 01-05-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Your dumb Previous Owner...