Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

George Buselink- 944 Ecology.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default George Buselink- 944 Ecology.....

This is just a special note to say, thanks, for helping me out w/my window- George donated a passenger window to me after my car was broken into last weekend- the glass just showed up & looks great.... I just wanted to mention this publicly to show what a great guy George is- not to mention several others here, that offered the same thing- I never found out how much one of these windows costs, but, I do know it's going to cost me $45 to have it put back in- I'm sure it would have run at LEAST $100, even if I'd found a good deal on a used one.... anyway, thanks for turning a bad situation into a much better one George.... I really appreciate it.... Also, thanks to John D. & everyone else who's made the Rennlist possible- I would have sold my Porsche YEARS ago had it not been around- what a great place....!

Old 06-20-2005, 01:32 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Hey I just read your other post. It's the 1/4 window right? Do it yourself it's easy to put in and save yourself 45$. Yea George is great guy and I would like to thank him aswell for this. Great job man See after all rennlist got serge some funds for his car and you got a window. Bunch of great guys/gals on here.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seb928s
Bunch of great guys/gals on here.
You got that right- I'm glad I got to see it- I get pretty pessimistic at times- was DEFINATELY so, after the break-in- it's nice to know there are some equally GOOD people in the world to help balance things out- I'm really touched by all the offers to help.... thanks a lot guys....!

Robby
Old 06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

look up the string technique. put a piece of string aroung the groove in the rubber, put the window against the outside of the car, start to slowly pull the string and watch the rubber get pulled inside the car. in about 40 seconds say viola as the window is now installed.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet since the rubber gasket was already removed, and stretched around the new window (right?), it would be a snap to snap it back into place. Do it once, and you will never pay someone to do it again!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

George has always been very helpful to me as well. He's one of the few Porsche places I have in my cell (him, Paragon, Vertex) Purchased lots of parts from him during my S3 conversion. I second what you wrote about him and about John D. and Rennlist!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:45 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input guys- I think I will try it- it shouldn't hurt anything- if not, I can always get the guy out & pay the $45... Do I need a second person? Where can I find the how-to? Are there pictures? I like the idea of doing it myself for several reasons. I changed installed some 6.5" Kappa coaxes in the rear w/OUT removing the panel- what a PITFA... MY panel will not come out w/out removing the window, although, I've been told that SOME will... I had 6X8 Infinity components up front- under armrests in normal M490 location- In the end, they would have worked, although it was a really tight fit. They had really good SQ, but, not nearly as much bass as I wanted- not enough enclosure area- I want as much bass as I can possibly get w/out subs.... So, I REALLY, REALLY want 6.5 component's up front, in the regular 944 4x6 locations, but, am not sure I'll ever get it to work- Turbo Tim is the ONLY person I know who's done it on an 85.5 + car- The speaker has to be JUST the right size & there's SO LITTLE room for error. SO, I'll probably go w/5.25" seperates- this means I'd like to get as much out of the rear location as possible. Now is the perfect time, then, since one window is already out...

MOST IMPORTANT- there are SEVERAL grooves on the rubber seal around the window- maybe 5 total, although it's obvious that at least ONE of them is not the right one.... How do I know which one I need to use, or, does it become extremely clear whene I get the thing up to the window of the car....?

Matt- the brakes on your S3- are they from the M030 968, or, thte regular ones? The Rennbay fuel lines- how do you like those? Did they come w/fittings, &, if so, how did they compare to stock? What shocks do you have up front? Do you have stock T-bars? The Jet Hot coated headers- what type of headers & did this make the car any louder, OR, quieter, or, anything? I've been told that HPC & Jet Hot, etc, coatings, reduce the noise considerably- I'd love to try it w/whatever muffler/exhaust pieces I buy next... Last- the MSD coil- was this beneficial? Did you do it b/c the old coil was worn out? Did you get the whole MSD ignition, or, JUST the coil....?

thanks everyone....

Quick Reply: George Buselink- 944 Ecology.....